Werner Delle Karth
Werner Delle Karth (Alternate listings: Werner delleKarth, Werner Delle-Karth) is an Austrian bobsledder who competed during the 1970s. He won two medals in the four-man event at the FIBT World Championships with a silver in 1973 and a bronze in 1974.
|1973 Lake Placid||Four-man|
|1974 St. Moritz||Four-man|
Following his retirement from competition, Delle Karth embarked on a coaching career before serving as secretary general of the Austrian Bobsleigh and Skeleton Federation and as a member of the Fédération Internationale de Bobsleigh et de Tobogganing's Court of Arbitration.
Werner's brothers Dieter and Walter Delle Karth also competed for Austria in bobsleigh at the Winter Olympics. In addition one of Werner's sons Nico Delle Karth is a competitive sailor who has been ranked number 1 in the world in the 49er class and who finished fourth in this class at the 2012 Summer Olympics. Nico's older brother Jörg was a helicopter pilot who died after a crash in Gabon in 2012.
- Bobsleigh four-man world championship medalists since 1930
- IOC 1976 Winter Olympics
- Wallenchinsky, David (1984). "Bobsled: Four-man". In The Complete Book of the Olympics: 1896 - 1980. New York: Penguin Books. pp. 561–2.
- Ferriani, Ivo; Gardella, Ermanno (18 May 2011). "FIBT congratulates Werner Delle-Karth to his 70. birthday". Fédération Internationale de Bobsleigh et de Tobogganing. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- Mallon, Bill (20 January 2014). "Multiple Siblings at the Winter Olympics". OlympStats. Retrieved 29 January 2014.
- "ISAF Sailor: Official Biography - Nico Delle-Karth". International Sailing Federation. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
- "FIBT mourns the son of Werner Delle Karth". Fédération Internationale de Bobsleigh et de Tobogganing. 20 March 2012. Retrieved 28 January 2014.
|This biographical article relating to Austrian bobsleigh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|