|Founder||Claude Kelly |
|Country of origin||U.S.|
After several years working together as songwriters and producers for artists including Bruno Mars, Miley Cyrus, Britney Spears, Kelly Clarkson, Rihanna and Mary J. Blige, in February 2015, Claude Kelly and Chuck Harmony formed Louis York. The R&B group was the first act on their imprint Weirdo Workshop, in a partnership with creative shop Night Agency, with releases to be distributed by Sony's RED Distribution. Louis York's debut EP Masterpiece Theater – Act I was released on September 18, 2015. The follow-up, Masterpiece Theater – Act II, was released on November 18, 2016.
Weirdo Workshop signs and develops artists in a variety of music genres.
On March 14, 2015, Weirdo Workshop partnered with Uber on a showcase featuring Louis York at South by Southwest in Austin, Texas. In October 2015, Weirdo Workshop had a mini-tour in the United States, with a lineup of Louis York, Kes and Masha. The label also includes female band The Shindellas.
- Gerrick D. Kennedy, "Hitmakers Claude Kelly and Chuck Harmony debut as Louis York," Los Angeles Times, February 24, 2015.
- "Kelly, Harmony, Night Agency Launch Indie Artist Collective," Music Connection, August 27, 2015.
- Aggi Ashagre, "Rihanna Hitmakers Louis York Ready for Spotlight on 'Masterpiece Theater': Exclusive EP Premiere," Billboard, September 17, 2015.
- "New Music: Louis York – Masterpiece Theater Act II (EP)," youknowigotsoul.com, November 18, 2016.
- Gail Mitchell, "How Uber Is Giving a Lift to Indie Duo Louis York at SXSW," Billboard, March 13, 2015.
- "Louis York To Wrap Up Their Weirdo Workshop Tour In Washington, D.C. This Weekend," Soul Bounce, October 16, 2015.
- David Pitz, "Welcome To Weirdo Workshop," Baeble Music, February 12, 2016.