"We Write the Story" is a song composed by Swedish musicians Björn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson and Avicii, as the anthem for the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 in Malmö. The track, released on 18 May 2013 (the day of the contest's final), is credited to Avicii, B&B & Choir on iTunes and Spotify. The song peaked at number 73 on the Dutch singles chart.
|"We Write the Story"|
|Single by Avicii, B&B and Choir|
|from the album Eurovision Song Contest: Malmö 2013|
|Released||18 May 2013|
|Avicii singles chronology|
Release and backgroundEdit
It was announced by the European Broadcasting Union (EBU) and host broadcaster SVT on 15 April 2013 that Björn Ulvaeus, Benny Andersson and Avicii would compose an anthem for the Eurovision Song Contest 2013 in Malmö. The idea of a "Eurovision Anthem" had existed since the start of the planning for the 2013 contest. Ulvaeus, Andersson and Avicii were on the very top of the list of musicians that SVT wished to collaborate with.
Andersson and Ulvaeus, who made up half of ABBA—alongside Agnetha Fältskog and Frida Lyngstad—said they agreed with SVT's "vision for the contest". The collaboration was hailed as a "union of two of Sweden's biggest musical exports". The song was performed for the first time by an on-stage choir at the start of the final on 18 May 2013.
The song is written in the key of E major.
- "We Write the Story" – 6:33
- "We Write the Story" (Edited Version) – 4:04
Credits and personnelEdit
- Benny Andersson – composition, vocals
- Avicii – composition
- Choir – vocals
- Ash Pournouri – composition
- Björn Ulvaeus – composition, vocals
|Netherlands (Single Top 100)||73|
It is also worth noting that it debuted at 199 midweek according to the Official Charts Company on the UK Singles Chart, but did not enter the top 200 on the official week ending chart.
- ^ a b "Avicii, B & B and Choir – We Write The Story" (in Dutch). Single Top 100.
- ^ a b "ABBA's Benny, Björn and Avicii to write 'Eurovision anthem'". EBU. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- ^ "Malmö 2013: 'We Write The Story' in this year's Final". escxtra. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- ^ "Abba's Benny and Bjorn write Eurovision anthem". BBC. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- ^ "ABBA stars compose "We Write the Story" Eurovision theme". panarmenian. Retrieved 15 April 2013.
- ^ "We Write The Story: Avicii and B & B And Choir". Amazon. Retrieved 23 May 2013.
- ^ "Eurovision dominates this week's Official Singles Chart Update". www.officialcharts.com. Archived from the original on 2013-06-08.