Watch Your Step (film)
Watch Your Step is a 1922 American silent comedy film directed by William Beaudine. It stars Cullen Landis, Patsy Ruth Miller, Bert Woodruff, and George C. Pearce. Life considered the film to be a "fabulously expensive production". With no record of a print in any collection, it is likely a lost film.
|Watch Your Step|
|Directed by||William Beaudine|
|Written by||Julien Josephson|
|Produced by||B.P. Fineman, Samuel Goldwyn|
Patsy Ruth Miller
George C. Pearce
|Cinematography||John J. Mescall|
|Edited by||Ralph Block|
|Distributed by||Goldwyn Pictures Corporation|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
As described in a film magazine, Elmer Slocum (Landis), a wealthy city youth, while trying to elude the police in his high powered automobile, has a smashup and, in a rough and tumble fight with a motorcycle policeman, knocks him out. He is robbed of his clothes by a group of tramps. He tries to hide from the police in a small village in Iowa and there meets Margaret Andrews (Miller), daughter of the richest man in town. He gets a position at a grocery store run by Russ Weaver (Woodruff) and learns that he has a rival for the hand of Margaret in Lon Kimball (Cannon), son of an undertaker. In a fight with Lon, Elmer comes off victorious, but a constable (Rattenberry) arrests him. Things look dark for Elmer until his father Henry Slocum (Cossar) with news that the motorcycle policeman has recovered and all has been forgiven.
- Cullen Landis as Elmer Slocum
- Patsy Ruth Miller as Margaret Andrews
- Bert Woodruff as Russ Weaver
- George C. Pearce as Lark Andrews
- Raymond Cannon as Lon Kimball
- Gus Leonard as Jennifer Kimball
- Harry L. Rattenberry as the Constable
- Joel Day as Ky Wilson
- L.J. O'Connor as Detective Ryan
- John Cossar as Henry Slocum
- Lillian Sylvester as Mrs. Spivey
- Louis King as Lote Spivey
- Cordelia Callahan as Mrs. Andrews
- Alberta Lee as Mrs. Weaver
- Sherwood, Robert Emmet (1923). The Best Moving Pictures of 1922-23, Who's Who in the Movies and Yearbook of the American Screen. p. 94.
- Life. Life Magazine, Incorporated. 1922. p. 1922.
- Progressive Silent Film List: Watch Your Step at silentera.com
- "Reviews: Watch Your Step". Exhibitors Herald. New York City: Exhibitors Herald Company. 14 (16): 65. April 15, 1922.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Watch Your Step (film).|