Walk (Pantera song)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
"Walk" is a song by American heavy metal band Pantera from their sixth album Vulgar Display of Power. A live performance of "Walk" is included on Official Live: 101 Proof, and the studio version is also on the band's greatest hits album, The Best of Pantera: Far Beyond the Great Southern Cowboys' Vulgar Hits!.
|Single by Pantera|
|from the album Vulgar Display of Power|
|Pantera singles chronology|
Phil Anselmo said that the message of the song was "Take your fucking attitude and take a fuckin' walk with that. Keep that shit away from me". His message was aimed at friends that treated the band differently when they arrived home after touring for Cowboys from Hell. He said "they thought it had gone to our heads, like we've got this rock-star thing embroidered across our faces".
In 2019, the song was prominently featured in the film Triple Frontier.
Reception and accoladesEdit
The song is considered to be one of the band's best tracks and is also one of the band's most well known songs to both Pantera fans and casual listeners. The song ranked number 16 on VH1's 40 Greatest Metal Songs. Guitar World magazine voted the song's solo the 57th greatest of all-time. The song peaked at number 35 on the UK Singles Chart, becoming the band's first UK top 40 hit, and number 23 on the U.S. Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles (equivalent to number 123 on the Billboard Hot 100).
|Single by Avenged Sevenfold|
|from the album Live in the LBC & Diamonds in the Rough|
|Released||July 17, 2007|
|Songwriter(s)||Dimebag Darrell, Vinnie Paul, Phil Anselmo, Rex Brown|
|Producer(s)||Avenged Sevenfold, Terry Date|
|Avenged Sevenfold singles chronology|
- Sully Erna singer of Godsmack performed the song with Pantera members which is found on their DVD Smack This!.
- Avenged Sevenfold's cover of the song was released as a single to promote their live album Live in the LBC & Diamonds in the Rough. It was released as the first single on the album. However, the song was originally recorded for the band's first DVD, All Excess.
- American heavy metal band Kilgore covered the song for American wrestling promotion Extreme Championship Wrestling, since one of their most popular wrestlers, Rob Van Dam used both Pantera's and Kilgore's versions of Walk.
|UK Singles Chart||35|
|U.S. Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100 Singles||23|
- Grow, Kory (2012-05-22). "Pantera Look Back at 20 Years of 'Walk'". Spin. Retrieved 2012-05-23.
- "VH1 40 Greatest Metal Songs", 1–4 May 2006, VH1 Channel, reported by VH1.com; last accessed 2006-09-10.
- 100 Greatest Guitar Solos - Tablature for solos 51 - 60; About.com; last accessed 2012-01-12.