|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Area code||+382 51|
Vusanje is located within the Plav municipality, below the town of Gusinje. It is located in the geographical region of Prokletije mountain, in the basin of the Lim river. There is a notable waterfall Grlja.
The village was settled by ancestors of the Kelmendi region of Albania, by Gjonbalaj and Nick Bala family. Until 1912, it was part of Ottoman Empire. During the First Balkan War in 1912 it became part of the Kingdom of Montenegro. The village is made up of two settlements, Katundi i siper (upper village) and katundi i ulet (lower village). Also there is a hamlet called Zarunic. Post 1913, the village was subjected to repression and discrimination from the Montenegrin and Yugoslavian governments. The result was the expulsion of the 90% of the population to the USA, mostly in the New York area. The remaining population is now 100 % Albanian. It has also called Vusenje' and Vušanje. The resident inhabitants call it Vuthaj.
There is an old cemetery in the village, called "the Catholic cemetery".
There are two mosques in the village (1990).
The village is Albanian-inhabited, one of three Kelmendi settlements along with Martinaj Martinovići and NokshiqNovšići, in the Upper Polimlje region (1958). The majority of families hail from the nearby village Vukël in Kelmend across the border in Albania. The Albanians are native inhabitants in this region.
- Ulaj and Uljević (Albanian: Ulaj)
- Gjonbalaj and Đonbalić (Albanian: Gjonbalaj)
- Ahmetaj and Ahmetović (Albanian: Ahmetaj)
- Vučetaj and Vučetović (Albanian: Vuçetaj)
- Čeljaj and Čelić(Albanian: Çelaj)
- Brunçaj, Bruçaj,
During SFR Yugoslavia, families had Serbian(ized) surnames.
- Barjaktarović 1958, p. 217.
- Barjaktarović 1958, p. 219.
- Madžida Bećirbegović (1990), Džamije sa drvenom munarom u Bosni i Hercegovini, Veselin Masleša, p. 192,
U okolini Gusinja, u selu Vusanje postoje dvije džamije sa drvenom munarom
- Vojska. 8. Vojnoizdavački i novinski centar. 1999. p. 48.
- Marko Knežević. "Проблеми привредног развоја општине Плав као узрок депопулације насеља". Velika.
- "Table N1. Population by etnicity by settlement". Census 2011 data - Settlements. MONSTAT.
- "Table N3. Population by religion by settlements". Census 2011 data - Settlements. MONSTAT.