Voltron: Fleet of Doom
Voltron: Fleet of Doom is a television special involving heroes of both Voltron series working together to defeat their sworn enemy, King Zarkon, who aligns with the remnants of Emperor Zeppo's Drule Empire to create a mighty armada called the Fleet of Doom.
|Voltron: Fleet of Doom|
|Created by||World Events Productions|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||46 minutes|
|Production company(s)||World Events Productions|
|Distributor||NBCUniversal Television Distribution|
|Original network||First-run syndication (U.S.)|
|Original release||September 10, 1986|
|Followed by||Voltron: The Third Dimension|
Voltron: Legendary Defender
This movie was released later on DVD by the company originally responsible for taking the Japanese source material and bringing it to American audiences, World Events Productions (WEP).
In his attempt to destroy the Galaxy Alliance, King Zarkon allies himself with Viceroy Throk of the Drule Supreme Council to create a mighty armada known as the Fleet of Doom. To stop Zarkon, Keith and his friends combine forces with their friends from the other Voltron Force. Unfortunately, Haggar captures Princess Allura, leaving only Keith to rescue her from the evil witch. But to save Allura, Keith would have to travel to a land beyond space and time, where he must face Haggar at her source of power.
- Peter Cullen - Commander Hawkins, Coran, King Alfor, Narrator, Viceroy Throk, Hutch
- Michael Bell - Lance, Krik, Shannon, Marvin, Modok, Wolo
- Lennie Weinrib - Hunk, Prince Lotor, Cliff, Rocky
- Neil Ross - Keith, Jeff, Pidge, Chip
- B.J. Ward - Princess Allura, Haggar, Cinda, Ginger, Lisa
- Jack Angel - King Zarkon, Cossack
Home video releases and availabilityEdit
The animated special Fleet of Doom has become a collector’s ambition, only further sought out because WEP has not included it in any of the Voltron DVD box sets it has released.
Fleet of Doom was released by WEP as an online exclusive and later was updated to have better DVD compatibility as there were many complaints about using the menu with older DVD players and that the editing was extremely poor with very long timeouts between the commercial breaks; additional trailers were also included. This updated version was made available by WEP on Amazon.com and is also still available on the Voltron store. Media Blasters released the special as a general release on July 28, 2009. This version was not part of the Voltron DVD box sets but as a stand-alone title. 
In late 2010, Media Blasters announced a Blu-ray Disc release of Fleet of Doom, only to cancel it in early 2011. Nevertheless, copies of this Blu-ray edition began to become available in various internet shops as of September 2011, and it was eventually determined that these copies were genuine. However, it is unknown if an official release of this Blu-ray is planned.
- "Voltron: Defender of the Universe - DVD news: Announcement for Voltron - Fleet of Doom:Limited Edition". TVShowsOnDVD.com. 2008-02-26. Archived from the original on 2008-09-30. Retrieved 2008-10-05. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Voltron Fleet of Doom (The Movie)". mania.com. Archived from the original on 2009-03-02. Retrieved 2009-11-22. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Vehicle Team Voltron / The Fleet of Doom". Otaku USA. Retrieved 2010-03-01.
- "Voltron: Defender of the Universe - Fleet of Doom (Retail Release)". TVShowsOnDVD.com. 2008-02-26. Archived from the original on 2009-07-10. Retrieved 2009-07-31. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Voltron: Defender of the Universe - Bad News for Fleet of Doom Blu-ray". TVShowsOnDVD.com. 2011-02-01. Archived from the original on 2011-09-14. Retrieved 2011-09-27. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "BDInfo Scan of Voltron: Fleet of Doom (Blu-ray)". avsforum.com. 2011-09-27. Retrieved 2011-09-27.