|• President||Vitor Hugo Salgado|
|• Total||24.70 km2 (9.54 sq mi)|
|• Density||960/km2 (2,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC±00:00 (WET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+01:00 (WEST)|
The present mayor is Vitor Hugo Salgado, elected as an independent. The municipal holiday is March 19.
In August 2000, an outbreak of Legionaires' disease occurred in Vizela. A total of 11 persons infected with Legionnaires' disease, all of them inhabitants of Vizela, were admitted to the Guimarães Hospital. There were no fatalities. All infectees had been in the main square of Vizela in the night of August 11–12, 2000, where the annual festivities of the municipality were being held. Investigators traced the source of the outbreak to a decorative fountain located in the square.
- Caldas de Vizela (São Miguel e São João)
- Santa Eulália
- Santo Adrião de Vizela
- Tagilde e Vizela (São Paio)
- Minigolf: Vizela has a miniature golf club association called Vizelgolfe equipped with two courses. In 2016 Vizela hosted the Minigolf European Championship and the Nations cup (Vizela Open 16). Vizelgolfe is a member of the Portuguese Minigolf Association.
- Football: Futebol Clube de Vizela is a professional football club based in the city.
- Instituto Nacional de Estatística
- Áreas das freguesias, concelhos, distritos e país
- Vizela já enfrentou a legionella em Agosto de 2000 com 11 infectados [Vizela already faced legionella in August 2000, with 11 cases] (in Portuguese). Porto Canal. 13 November 2014. Retrieved 5 March 2019.
- Correia, AM; Gonçalves, G; Reis, J; Cruz, JM; Castro e Freitas, JA (July 2001). "An outbreak of legionnaires disease in a municipality in northern Portugal". Euro Surveill. 6 (6(7)): 121–4. doi:10.2807/esm.06.07.00228-en. PMID 12631957.
- Diário da República. "Law nr. 11-A/2013, page 552 142" (PDF) (in Portuguese). Retrieved 5 August 2014.
- "Minigolf Vizela 2016" (PDF). Minigolf-europe.org. EMF. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- Municipality official website (in Portuguese)