This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (April 2014)
Vision IPTV is a niche internet TV and IPTV company located in London. The business offers a white label, broadcast standard, over the top internet TV platform service, based on the server technology developed by sister company Playout247, who provide satellite playout services which deliver channels to SKY and other satellite operators. Vision IPTV is based in central London. In February 2011 Vision IPTV opened an office in Dubai. The company has a corporate responsibility programme and supports several charities including Human Being Best.
The company provides the following services:
– Scheduled broadcast Playout direct from studio or recorded material
– Satellite turnaround
– Digital rights management to secure the security of broadcast content
– VOD, or catch up TV Catch-up, Forward TV and on-demand viewing
– Simulcast or linear broadcast channels
– File download and Streaming distribution
– Ad network integration and pre, mid and post- roll Advertising automation
– Financial, Pay per view and user Monitoring and analytics
– Broadcast delivery to PCs, hand-held devices, next generation TV and ADSL connected set top boxes
The platform has the following features:
Content delivery in the following protocols and codecs:
– RTSP WMV Silverlight
– RTMP MP4 Flash
– HTTP MP4 and WMV Progressive Download
Flash and Silverlight player with support for Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera and Safari browsers
Media library provides:
– Broadcast playlists with mark-in/out
– Media library update RSS feeds
– Per item pricing and security
– Each media asset can have MP4 and WMV files (or multibitrate live streams), each in four bitrates
– Whitelisting (referrer authorisation)
– Session ID (registration status, wallet balance, content rights)
– HMAC DRM (private key or public key)
– Geo IP (DVD regions and individual countries are supported)
Subscriber/User Registration System:-
– Registration without email confirmation
– Registration via email confirmation
– Front end user profile edit
– Front end user transaction statements
– Support for multiple gateways:
- Click and Buy
- Cash U (scratch card cash payments)
– Support for multiple billing schemas:
- PPV (per item billing)
- PPV per second billing (pay as you go)
- Recurring monthly subscription
- Prepaid subscription (1 day, 3 days, Week, Month, 3 months)
- Bandwidth/transit reports
- Streaming reports
- Revenue reports
- Web stats reports
The company is part of a group of companies, Vision Holding, that comprises Vision IPTV, Playout247 and Soho Data. The Company is privately owned.
In September 2010, Vision IPTV and sister company Playout247 reported revenue growth of 40% and a major investment programme. The investment was reported to cover a doubling in satellite playout capacity and increased demand for their Internet TV services. Later in the same month Vision IPTV launched their IPTV platform at MIPCOM in France. The company shortly thereafter announced it has won the Renault TV account with Publicis Media.
In late October, Vision IPTV announced the launch of Racing UK on IPTV. The solution enables Racing UK to offer their channel to non SKY subscribers via a set top box.
In early 2011, following the announcement of plans by the UK Culture Secretary for the establishment of a local TV channel, Vision IPTV called on the UK Culture Secretary to have the new channel distributed via broadband Internet rather than the digital terrestrial TV network as the lower distribution costs would make it easier for local broadcasters to participate.
- 12 April 2010, Darim UK, a joint venture between innovative IPTV company Vision IPTV and broadcast technology experts Darim, will showcase the most advanced, flexible and innovative portable 3D studio webcasting and video on demand available on the market.
- 16 September 2010 (Close-Up Media via COMTEX) – Playout247 and Vision IPTV, both sister companies of one another, announced the beginning of a major investment program in studio and broadcast technology supported by capacity increases.
- 4–8 October 2010: Vision IPTV’s fully featured Internet TV platform will be launched at MIPCOM 2010 (Cannes, France) 
- 10 January 2011. Soho Data Holdings, sister company to Vision IPTV and Playout247, today signed a £10m agreement with Xiking Culture Media (Beijing), to establish a data centre and render farm, aimed at the creative video and TV industries.
- 20 January 2011. Vision IPTV has called on Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt to back broadcast quality Internet-only distribution and playout for the new national TV channel.
- 31 January 2011.At CABSAT MENA 2011, leading internet TV company, Vision IPTV will launch a commercial and technical hub in Dubai, UAE, to support customer expansion throughout the Middle East, West Asia and Africa regions.
- "Playout247 launches IPTV solution for operators". tvover.net. 2006.
- "Vision IPTV eyes Middle East and North Africa as the new Television Frontier". iptvforum.com. 2011.
- "Human Being Best". humanbeingbest.com. 2011.
- "Vision IPTV to launch end to end internet and social media TV platform at MIPCOM". appmarket.tv. 2010.
- "Select and access company information". Companies House. 2010. Retrieved 2010-12-04.
- "Library: CEO Interview: VISION IPTV Program". Advanced Television. 2010. Retrieved 2010-11-17.
- "Playout247 and Vision IPTV gear up for Growth". Advanced – Television.tv. 2010.
- "Vision IPTV to launch end to end internet and social media TV platform at Mipcom". tvover.net. 2010.
- "Racing UK launches on IPTV". sourcewire.com. 2010.
- "Jeremy Hunt outlines plans for 'local TV'". BBC.co.uk. 19 January 2011.
- "Vision IPTV calls on Hunt to drive local TV online". Advanced-Television.tv. 2011.
- "Vision IPTV showcase Streaming and Video-on-Demand solution at NAB 2010". Vision IPTV. 2010.
- "Playout247 and Vision IPTV Partner to Launch Investment Program". Satellite spotlight. 2010.
- "Vision IPTV to launch end-to end internet and social media TV Platform at MIPCOM". App Market. 2010.
- "Chinese media firm invests £10m in UK online and 3D TV centre". Rapid TV News. 2011.
- "At CABSAT MENA 2011, leading internet TV company, Vision IPTV will launch a commercial and technical hub in Dubai, UAE". finance.yahoo.com. 2011.