MIPCOM (Marché International des Programmes de Communication, English: International Market of Communications Programmes) is an annual trade show held in the French town of Cannes, traditionally in the month of October and running for 4 days. It is owned and organized by Reed MIDEM, a subsidiary of Reed Exhibitions.
Marché International des Programmes de Communication
|Location(s)||Palais des Festivals, Cannes|
|Activity||Buy, sell and view television formats|
|Organised by||Reed MIDEM|
The event is geared towards the television industry, primarily attended by representatives of television studios and broadcasters, who use the event as a marketplace to buy and sell new programmes and formats for international distribution, as well as celebrities to promote programming.
The event also features keynote presentations and panels featuring representatives of the industry discussing new trends and developments. Additionally, MIPCOM has been used to globally premiere highly anticipated new programs.
MIPCOM also has a sister event, MIPTV Media Market, which is a similar format also in Cannes by the same organisers, in the opposite half of the year (usually April). MIPCOM is slightly better attended than MIPTV.
- MIPTV, sister event
- Moran, Albert (2006). Understanding the global TV format (1. publ. ed.). Bristol, UK [u.a.]: Intellect Books. ISBN 1841501328.
- Clarke, Stewart (8 October 2016). "MIPCOM reports 2015 numbers". TBI Vision. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Mipcom TV market features Jamie Oliver, Gene Simmons, Simon Cowell ... and toilet rolls". Sydney Morning Herald. 13 October 2014. Retrieved 20 October 2014.
- "Stars turn out for Mipcom television industry meeting in Cannes". Reuters. 18 October 2016. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- Hopewell, John (8 October 2015). "Mipcom: TV World Embraces Content Revolution". Variety. Retrieved 20 December 2016.
- "Market Profiles - MIPCOM". Screen Australia. Retrieved 20 December 2016.