Vikki LaMotta (January 23, 1930 – January 25, 2005), born Beverly Thailer, was an American model known as the second wife of champion boxer Jake LaMotta, during his peak years of success, during which time Vikki became a celebrity.
Vikki with family in 1947
January 23, 1930
|Died||January 25, 2005 (aged 75)|
|Spouse(s)||Jake LaMotta (divorced)|
Tony Foster (divorced)
In the 1990s, she wrote an autobiography, but requested it not be released until after her death due to the information revealed in the book. After she died in 2005, Knockout!: The Sexy, Violent, Extraordinary Life of Vikki LaMotta was released.
She was born in the Bronx, the daughter of Abraham Lucien and Margaret 'Ruth' Thailer. She had several siblings, including two sisters, Phyllis and Patricia. Her paternal grandparents were immigrants from Romania.
She married LaMotta when she was 16 after they met at a community pool. It was his second marriage and Vikki's first. They divorced in 1957 after 11 years of marriage. During that time, Jake's boxing career had started to slow down, and he began taking out his anger on Vikki. He became controlling of her, and Vikki was forced to leave him though they had three small children.
They had a daughter Christi and two sons – Jake Jr. and Joe – both of whom died in 1998. Jake Jr. died of liver cancer and Joe in an airplane crash. In 1962, she married Tony Foster; they had a son, Harrison, and later divorced.
She was portrayed by actress Cathy Moriarty in the 1980 film Raging Bull. Moriarty was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress for her performance as Vikki. She is known for her work as a model. She later posed for a nude pictorial in Playboy magazine in November 1981 at age 51. In her later years, she appeared in commercials for Vikki LaMotta Cosmetics. In 1992, she moved to Florida, living in Hillsboro Beach.
She died following open-heart surgery in Boca Raton, Florida on January 25, 2005, two days after her 75th birthday.
-  Knockout! at Goodreads] accessed 1-1-2016
- FamilySearch.com accessed 1-2-2016
- Vikki Lamotta New York Times accessed 1-1-2016
- "Vicki LaMotta, 75; Ex-Wife of Prizefighter". Los Angeles Times. February 3, 2005. Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- New York: The Real City Guide. Guardian Books. p. 125. ISBN 978-0-85265-445-3.
-  Vikki Lamotta Cosmetics website]accessed 1-1-2016
- "Beverly 'Vikki' Lamotta". Sun Sentinel. February 2, 2005. Retrieved August 19, 2014.
- Vikki LaMotta Cosmetics - Wonderlift Serum + Night Time Stem Repair
- Vikki LaMotta on IMDb
- Vikki LaMotta at Find a Grave
|This biography article about a United States model is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|