Vietnamese Constitutional Monarchist League
Vietnamese Constitutional Monarchist League (VCML), (Vietnamese: Liên Minh Quân Chủ Lập Hiến Đa Nguyên Việt Nam) is an anti-communist organization that seeks to restore the Nguyễn Dynasty to the throne under a constitutional monarchy, as in Cambodia and Thailand. The VCML's position is that Emperor Bảo Đại was the last legitimate ruler of Vietnam. Bảo Đại and his children do not support the VCML or their political aspirations.
Bảo Đại lived in Europe until his death on 30 July 1997. His son, Crown Prince Bảo Long, intentionally remained out of politics and lived quietly in Paris, France until his death on 28 July 2007. His brother, Prince Bảo Thang, did not support the VCML until his death on 15 March 2017. The position of Head of the Imperial House is now held by Prince Bảo Ân.
The VCML believes that "only the limited monarchy of the Imperial Nguyen Dynasty can succeed in preserving the cultural independence of Vietnam" and that "only a government that upholds Vietnamese nationalism and personal freedom can fully succeed in restoring the nation".
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Vietnamese Constitutional Monarchist League.|
- "SEA Dynasties: What happened to the royal family in Vietnam?". Trunk Lines. 23 June 2016. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- Hoffman, Vanessa (22 November 2004). "Exiled Prince of Vietnam Offers Political Ideology". The Cornell Daily Sun. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- "Order of Dragon". Order of Dragon. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- H.I.H. Prince Nguyen Phuc Buu Chanh of Vietnam (23 November 2004). "A Royal Solution for a Nationalist Vietnam". Archived from the original on 1 March 2005. Retrieved 18 July 2018.
- The Vietnamese Constitutional Monarchist League (9 November 2004). "Vietnam Must Bring Closure to the MIA/POW & Human Rights Before Being Admitted to WTO]". Archived from the original on 12 November 2005. Retrieved 18 July 2018.