This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Location||Venkatachalam, Nellore district, Andhra Pradesh|
|Elevation||26 m (85 ft)|
|Line(s)||Vijayawada–Chennai section of Howrah–Chennai main line and Delhi–Chennai line|
|Tracks||5 ft 6 in (1,676 mm) broad gauge|
|Structure type||Standard (on-ground station)|
|Zone(s)||South Coast Railway zone,|
The Vijayawada–Chennai link was established in 1899.
The Chirala–Elavur section was electrified in 1980–81.
In terms of earnings and outward passengers handled, Venkatachalam is categorized as a Non-Suburban Grade-6 (NSG-6) railway station. Based on the re–categorization of Indian Railway stations for the period of 2017–18 and 2022–23, an NSG–6 category station earns nearly ₹1 crore and handles close to 1 million passengers.
- "Distances in kilometers between stations on the Gudur Jn. – Venkatachalam section" (PDF). Indian Railways. 12 September 2009. p. 13. Retrieved 30 April 2019.
- "IR History:Early days II". 1870–1899. IRFCA. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "History of Electrification". IRFCA. Retrieved 13 February 2013.
- "Stations – Category-wise (NEW)". Portal of Indian Railways. Retrieved 23 April 2019.
- "Categorization of Railway Stations". Press Information Bureau. 21 March 2018. Retrieved 20 May 2019.