Mark Oldman(Redirected from Vault.com)
Mark Stanford Oldman (January 5, 1969) is an American entrepreneur, wine expert, and author of several books on wine. He has been described as "one of the wine world's great populizers" and "one of the wine world's great showmen." He regularly appears at food and wine festivals as well as corporations and institutions, and teaches a course on entrepreneurship for Stanford University.
Mark Oldman in 2017
Mark Stanford Oldman|
January 5, 1969
Manhattan, New York
Stanford Law School (J.D.)|
Stanford University (M.A.)
Stanford University (B.A.)
Oldman received his B.A. and M.A. in English from Stanford University, where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa. He also received a J.D. from Stanford Law School, where he won the Hilmer Oehlmann, Jr. Prize for excellence in writing. Oldman serves or has served on five major boards of Stanford, including its top governing body, the Stanford University Board of Trustees.
He also writes the wine column for the Food Network. and the Austin Food & Wine Festival. He wrote a wine column and chose the wine picks for the magazine Every Day with Rachael Ray. He has been the wine expert for Williams Sonoma, and wine correspondent for the Food Network.
Oldman regularly hosts "Wine for Billionaires" tastings at his home in Manhattan. Robert Mondavi Winery recently kicked off its 50th Anniversary Celebration with a wine tasting dinner at Oldman's Wine Sanctuary.
In 1997 Oldman and his friend Samer Hamadeh founded Vault.com, a website that provides career information by industry and by Fortune 1000 company, as well as rankings of companies and firms. He served as president of Vault.com until its sale in 2007 to a private equity firm. Along with cofounders Sam Hamadeh and Samer Hamadeh, Oldman won Crain's "Top Entrepreneur's" award.
- Georges Duboeuf Best Wine Book of the Year Award, 2005.
- Georges Duboeuf Best Wine Book of the Year Award, 2010.
- Gourmand International Cookbook Award, Best Drinks Education Book in the U.S., 2016.
- International Association of Culinary Professionals (IACP) Cookbook Award, Best Book for Wine, Beer, & Spirits, 2017.
- Gourmand International Cookbook Award, Best Drinks Education Book in the World, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Mark Oldman.|
- Marcus, David (2017-01-08). "How to drink with billionaires". TheStreet. Retrieved 2018-03-05.
- Salkin, Allen (2017-06-30). "How Much for This Jeroboam? For This Famous Chef? Food Festivals Lure the Wealthy". The New York Times. ISSN 0362-4331. Retrieved 2018-03-06.
- Matsumoto, Nancy (2014-05-29). "Wine Expert Mark Oldman's Renovated Manhattan Home". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2018-03-05.
- "Ingenious Entrepreneurship | Stanford in New York | Stanford Undergrad". undergrad.stanford.edu. Retrieved 2018-03-05.
- "Stanford Associates Board of Governors".
- "New members elected to university's Board of Trustees for five-year terms".
-  Archived October 18, 2009, at the Wayback Machine.
- "The Winemakers' PBS TV Series Announces Season 2 Casting Call". encyclopedia.com. 2009-08-04. Retrieved 2009-08-04.
- "Food + Drink Interview: Wine Expert Mark Oldman On Drinking Bravely And Shunning Conventional Wisdom". Austinist.
- "Why It's So Hard to Tell If a $100,000 Bottle of Wine Is Fake". Bloomberg.com. 2017-09-06. Retrieved 2017-09-17.
- "Departures: The Wine List: Teacher's Pets | Mark Oldman". Mark Oldman. Retrieved 2017-09-17.
- "6 Amazing Italian Wines To Drink Right Now". Maxim. Retrieved 2017-09-17.
- Oldman, Mark. "Global Wines" (PDF). Travel & Leisure.
- "Wine Enthusiast: Enophile House | Mark Oldman". Mark Oldman. Retrieved 2017-09-17.
- "FoodNetwork.com - The Dish".
- Wes Marshall (April 30, 2012). "Fans Flock to See Mark Oldman at Food and Wine Festival".
- "Under the Hood: Mark Oldman - Man On The Move". manonthemove.com.
- "Wine by Design in a New York Apartment". Wall Street Journal. 29 May 2014.
- E Connolly (October 2, 2015). Financial Review http://www.afr.com/brand/luxury/wine-tours-for-billionaires-sample-a-2000-wine-20151002-gjzxmo#ixzz3xu3csSoT. Missing or empty
- Andrew Dourenberg (October 2, 2015). KarenandAndrew http://www.karenandandrew.com/2015/11/robert-mondavi-winery-50th-anniversary. Missing or empty
- Dan Reich (16 April 2013). "Founder of Vault.com Discusses Startup Life and His New Healthcare Company Zeel". Forbes.
- Ahuja, Maneet (March 17, 2008). "Owned and Operated". Wall Street Journal.
- "2005 Winners". Crain Communications.
- "Mark Oldman | Penguin Random House". www.penguinrandomhouse.com. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- "Georges Duboeuf Best Wine Book of the Year | W. W. Norton & Company". books.wwnorton.com. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- "Wine Books Shortlist 2017". www.cookbookfair.com. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- "Here Are the 2017 IACP Cookbook Award Winners". Eater. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- "Regan Arts Award-Winning Design & Production". Regan Arts. Retrieved 2018-02-26.