Vanquisher (aka Final Target; Thai: สวยซามูไร, Suay Samurai (Beautiful Samurai)) is a 2009 Thai science fiction/action film. It was directed by Manop Udomdej [th] and starred Sophita Sriban. The film was released on November 5, 2009.
|Directed by||Manop Udomdej|
|Written by||Manop Udomdej|
|Distributed by||Sahamongkol Film|
Kunja, a beautiful agent of the CIA SAD, has just completed an Undercover operation in southern Thailand. Then she finds herself the target of an assassination attempt undertaken by her own organization. the CIA agent Gunja is forced to fight against agents who have been ordered to take her out at all costs. She survives and, after two years of staying low, reappears in Bangkok to confront her old enemies and thwart a plot to detonate a bomb in the city. She manages to survive and decides to take revenge.
- Sophita Sriban (Thai: โสภิตา ศรีบาลชื่น) as Kunja
- Nui Ketsarin as Sirin
- Jackie Apithananon [cs] as Claire
- Pete Thongchua [th] as Mazaru
- Sarunyoo Wongkrachang as Wayib
Originally, the film featured four Thai femme fatales, but executive producer Somsak Techaratanaprasert [th] ordered all scenes with “Amy” Chotiros Suriyawong scrubbed from the film after she had sparked condemnation by wearing a scandalously revealing dress during the 2007 Thailand National Film Association Awards.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (January 2018)
The film has drawn sharp criticism.
- 'มานพ' ส่งหนัง 'สวย...ซามูไร' ลงจอเงิน 5 พ.ย.นี้ (in Thai). Thai Rath. 2009-09-12. Retrieved 7 January 2018.
- Seto Kit Yan. Gutsy girls, Toronto Star Tuesday, 1 Jun 2010
- "Vanquisher". Amazon. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- Manop Udomdej: on YouTube (in Thai)
- McKnight, Brent (2011-03-28). "On a Theoretical Level, 'Vanquisher' Should Be a Good Time". PopMatters. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- "Should Chotiros Suriyawong apologize for wearing too revealing a dress to the Thai "Oscars"?". Zimbio. Retrieved 24 June 2018.
- Seto Kit Yan (1 Jun 2010). "Gutsy girls". The Star Online. Retrieved 8 June 2018.
- Google image search for that dress
- As an example, take Brian Orndorf’s Review