Vanessa Lee (18 June 1920 - 15 March 1992), born Winifred Ruby Moule, was a British actress and singer. She was known for her appearances in Ivor Novello's musicals, especially after the Second World War.
Winifred Ruby Moule
18 June 1920
|Died||15 March 1992 (aged 71)|
|Occupation||Film actress, singer|
|Spouse(s)||Peter Graves, 8th Baron Graves (m. 1960–1992)|
Winifred Moule was born in Streatham in 1920. She married British actor Peter Graves in 1960. That same year she made her first recording, of the operetta Bitter Sweet, with Robert Cardinali. In 1958/59, she played Jacob Bray in a successful revival of Old Chelsea by Richard Tauber, along with Graves and Kenneth McKellar. A Radio Luxembourg series, which ran from 1956 to 1958 as part of the radio programme This I Believe, was based on her career.
- Bitter Sweet (1960)
- After the Ball
- Those Dreaming Years
- Shine through my dreams
- "Vanessa Lee | SecondHandSongs". secondhandsongs.com. Retrieved 2019-09-11.
- "Lee, Vanessa 1920-1992 [WorldCat.org]". www.worldcat.org. Retrieved 2019-09-11.
- "Vanessa Lee". IMDb. Retrieved 2019-09-11.
- "Bitter Sweet, Vanessa Lee", WorldCat, retrieved 2019-09-11
- "Vanessa Lee (Winifred Ruby Moule) - National Portrait Gallery". www.npg.org.uk. Retrieved 2019-09-11.