|This is Srich32977's talk page, where you can send messages and comments to Srich32977.|
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21|
Thank you ...Edit
- @Hzh: While template parameters allow for more than just the year, the real guidance is at WP:CITEHOW. That part of the Manual of Style says the "year of publication... " is "typically included" for books. My efforts have been to get consistency in the citations, hence my edits. E.g., years for books, and other stuff for other publications. (BTW, I've been traveling, so I did not see your note on my mobile app.) – S. Rich (talk) 14:37, 20 October 2018 (UTC)
A Dobos torte for you!Edit
|7&6=thirteen (☎) has given you a Dobos torte to enjoy! Seven layers of fun because you deserve it.|
NPR Newsletter No.14 21 October 2018Edit
My guess is you aren't interested in discussing this further and if that's the case that's fine just ignore this and we will move on. however, I felt the need to document the incident while it was fresh in my mind. I have no problem with your involvement but because I mention your name in my write up, I felt I owed you the courtesy of letting you know (I can't do the same for the other editor because they've indicated I'm not welcome on the talk page).
- I have one niggling concern, which isn't a big deal but I have a guess as to what happened and I'd like to change my speculation to fact if I'm correct.
You reverted to my removal of the incorrect information and left the edit summary "Please fix the specific problem and leave article improvements as is." this edit summary puzzled me, as I felt I was correcting a specific problem. I see that you subsequently dropped a note on an editor's talk page with the question "Can you specify where the error is?" because you are asking where the error is, I'm assuming you don't at that time know where the error is. I'm still puzzled why you did the reversion if you didn't know where the arrow was but perhaps you honestly misunderstood something and only later realize you are quite sure what the error was. Again, not a big deal but my write up includes my speculation as to your rationale and it might be better if I knew exactly what you were thinking.S Philbrick(Talk) 18:34, 22 October 2018 (UTC)
- As an aside, I just took a glance at your user page and I see a spectacular view of Joshua Tree. Although I'm on the East Coast, I had a nice visit out there when my wife was in the senior nationals for a tennis tournament, and I took several visits to Joshua Tree.--S Philbrick(Talk) 18:38, 22 October 2018 (UTC)
Discussion on EditEdit
I apologize for my actions of bad faith. Thank you for your insight (AzN Egoist) 13:22, 31 October 2018 (CST)
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Editor's Barnstar|
|Hey I love your profile and it's really nice and i've been trying to find out how to set up a cool profile for my wiki page so if you dont care could you tell me where you get all the cool tables and stuff like the "WikiGnome" one and etc. AntManSC (talk) 08:04, 2 November 2018 (UTC)|
I missed the GoodReads template deletion discussion, as I was travelling overseas when pinged. It's a very bad decision, based on unsound reasoning, but I don't see what can be done at this stage. Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 14:50, 2 November 2018 (UTC)
- @Pigsonthewing: Indeed, procedure was violated and WP policy was ignored. But WP:DELREV allows for a second look. Please initiate. Thanks so very much! – S. Rich (talk) 07:35, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
- On what grounds? Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 18:46, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
- See also Wikipedia:Village pump (miscellaneous)/Archive 60#Loss of links to Goodreads. Andy Mabbett (Pigsonthewing); Talk to Andy; Andy's edits 18:59, 3 November 2018 (UTC)
- @Pigsonthewing: Thanks for the VP thread. I'm on a mobile device for the next (and past) 36 hours which makes commenting difficult. So WP must wait b4 I cast my pearls. – S. Rich (talk) 14:52, 4 November 2018 (UTC)
- @Pigsonthewing: Perhaps now (or soon) is the time to go for a WP:DELREV. Since the closing was WP:NACD, actual deletions were performed here for books and here for authors. Thus we go to the admins, who must consider WP policies and guidelines. The grounds are two-fold: 1. "substantial procedural error" exists because notice of the TfD was short and scant. Jytdog did not notify you and other interested editors until October 31, 5 days into the discussion; there was no notice posted on the template talk pages; and there was no notice posted on interested projects such as WP:WPSPAM, WT:BOOKS, WP:WPT, or WP:WMNWRITE. (Jytdog did give notice to the templates creator, User talk:Phil Boswell.) 2. The NAC closer did not consider the issues of policy that I raised. E.g., I addressed the 4 policy reasons for deletion (none of which apply) and pointed out that hundreds of other "user-friendly" webpages are linked via templates. (In fact, the closing was made just 11 hours after my last comment.) Finally, there was not "overwhelming" support for deletion. 5 !votes and the IP definitely said delete; I and Tgeorgescus said keep; and the rest was "non-commital". Your thoughts are eagerly anticipated. – S. Rich (talk) 02:29, 6 November 2018 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (October 2018).
- A request for comment determined that non-administrators will not be able to request interface admin access.
- A request for comment is in progress to determine whether the Mediation Committee should be closed and marked as historical.
- A village pump discussion has been ongoing about whether the proposed deletion policy (PROD) should be clarified or amended.
- A request for comment is in progress to determine whether pending changes protection should be applied automatically to today's featured article (TFA) in order to mitigate a recent trend of severe image vandalism.
- Partial blocks is now available for testing on the Test Wikipedia. The new functionality allows you to block users from editing specific pages. Bugs may exist and can be reported on the local talk page or on Meta. A discussion regarding deployment to English Wikipedia will be started by community liaisons sometime in the near future.
- A user script is now available to quickly review unblock requests.
- The 2019 Community Wishlist Survey is now accepting new proposals until November 11, 2018. The results of this survey will determine what software the Wikimedia Foundation's Community Tech team will work on next year. Voting on the proposals will take place from November 16 to November 30, 2018. Specifically, there is a proposal category for admins and stewards that may be of interest.
- Eligible editors will be invited to nominate themselves as candidates in the 2018 Arbitration Committee Elections starting on November 4 until November 13. Voting will begin on November 19 and last until December 2.
- The Arbitration Committee's email address has changed to arbcom-en wikimedia.org. Other email lists, such as functionaries-en and clerks-l, remain unchanged.
NPR Newsletter No.15 16 November 2018Edit
Cemeteries El Alamein all nationsEdit
- S. Rich, now I found on german Wikivoyage the description of the war graves of all nations in El Alamein
[Alamein on german wikivoyage] Thanks for your interest--Roland.h.bueb (talk) 17:20, 19 November 2018 (UTC)