|This is a Wikipedia user page.|
This is not an encyclopedia article or the talk page for an encyclopedia article. If you find this page on any site other than Wikipedia, you are viewing a mirror site. Be aware that the page may be outdated and that the user whom this page is about may have no personal affiliation with any site other than Wikipedia. The original page is located at
|Search user languages|
I've been around since 2002. I actively started contributing in January 2003, and I've been an Administrator since August 2003. For some unwise reason, I signed up with my real name.
Apparently I speak West–Central Canadian English, as well as heavily-accented but coherent French. I can read Latin and French (and Old French), German if necessary, and bits of Arabic. I lived in Nantes, France for 18 months, where very few people speak English. I have a PhD in medieval studies, and work on some ridiculously obscure aspects of the crusader Kingdom of Jerusalem, like the kind of things where in real life other people go "oh...!" and smile politely. But I know this is Wikipedia and none of that means anything.
Since I have a job, a family, and a general disillusionment with Wikipedia, I am not as active as I once was. I mean, I don't think I can co-exist on a Wikipedia that has articles about individual Heidi Montag songs.
As an editor:
- "There will certainly be several problems in "Adam Bishop"'s path towards doctorate in medieval history, if his working methods and use of sources are as can be deduced from his possessive treatment of the text in this article."
- "Almost every single sentence is faulty or incomplete. The article must be rewritten by someone who read the book and who has proper scholar background"
- "MY illiterate friend Adam !...Learn history before you write!"
- "Do you want to get PHD in a (noname beast) Canadian university? PHD is very very low rank compare with real academic scholars (as writers of British Britannica). Do you think you are better than members of Royal Academy ? Hahahaha"
- "I dont't want to heart you, but Britannica is more creditable than the private opinion of an aspirant PHD-boy."
- "Be wise, at this point you can crawfish without the loosing of your countenances."
- "You behave like a self-appointed opinion-champion, wich is a clearly childish behaviour. You are a micro Stalin on wikipedia, and therefore you are noxious."
- "You can't proove your statements. Please show me an academic work which can deny that fact. I'm still waitnig for it! Until that, your oppinion remain only just a private opinion."
- "It is unfounded accusations & slanders!"
As an administrator:
- "Adam Bishop is the single longest running Admin I have ever run into on Wikipedia. I am shocked by his behavior and have concerns that he is acting out of his nature and that perhaps real world circumstances have become overwhelming."
- "I cannot believe the cavalier attitude towards the tools and "power" behind them...but it might have been forgivable until the unbelievable disregard for the community as a whole..."
- "Adam Bishop's use of the tools here was so far out of line, and his response when questioned was just as bad, a desysop is the only choice."
- "I will ask ArbCom to de-sysop you, and I don't think there is much doubt that they will do it."
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Middle Ages
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Middle Ages/Crusades task force
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Military history/Crusades task force/Popular pages
- Category:Crusades task force articles
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Military History
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Reference Desk Article Collaboration
- Wikipedia:Reference Desk
- User:Adam Bishop/sandbox
- User:Adam Bishop/library
- User:Adam Bishop/List of religious leaders in 1220 (unceremoniously deleted, so I've moved it here)
Did you know, Featured Articles, Good ArticlesEdit
For the "Did you know?" section on the Main Page:
- Saladin tithe
- Adelaide del Vasto
- Quantum praedecessores
- Council of Nablus
- Crusade cycle
- Pactum Warmundi
- Ismat ad-Din Khatun
- Council of Acre
- Bible translations in the Middle Ages
- Warner of Grez
- Gouffier of Lastours
- Robert of Nantes
Featured Articles that I helped write:
And some Good Articles as well:
Places I've beenEdit
|Lived:||( )||( )|
|Visited:||( )||( )||( )||( )||( )|
Here are the barnstars people have seen fit to give me for some reason. I don't quite get these; anyone can give one to anyone else for any reason, so do they really mean anything? Oh well.
|I award this Epic Barnstar to Adam Bishop for his extensive work on history articles.|
(From LordAmeth, October 12, 2005)
|This Epic Barnstar is hereby awarded to Adam Bishop for his tireless work on Wikipedia's History entries - particularly concerning the Crusades - thank you for your well-written, researched, and sourced articles!|
(From DonaNobisPacem, January 11, 2006)
|The Reference Desk Barnstar|
|Thank you for contributing to my "greatest" poll on the Reference Desk! --Ye Olde Luke (talk) 05:01, 13 November 2008 (UTC))|
|The Guidance Barnstar|
|Thanks for answering my reference desk question. I have been looking for the name of the movie for sometime now, but never had any luck; now that I know what its called, I can look for the actual film and watch the whole thing rather than the last twenty or so minutes. Keep up your good work! TomStar81 (Talk) 07:06, 13 June 2009 (UTC)|
|The Reference Desk Barnstar|
|Thanks for answering my pro/epilogue question on the Language Reference Desk!--Ye Olde Luke (talk) 22:11, 18 June 2009 (UTC)|