This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2017)
Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC is a century-old American pharmaceutical company based in Maple Grove, Minnesota that brings brands and generics to a wide array of customers. Upsher-Smith is a part of Japan-based Sawai Group Holdings Co., Ltd.
|Headquarters||Maple Grove, Minnesota, United States, |
|Products||generic drugs,Pharmaceutical drugs|
- Maple Grove, Minnesota: Corporate Headquarters
- Morristown, New Jersey: Corporate Office
- Plymouth, Minnesota: Manufacturing
Founded in 1919 as a maker of digitalis drugs, Upsher-Smith has traditionally focused on the manufacture of generic medications. In 2017, after owning and operating Upsher-Smith for 47 years, the Evenstad family made the decision to sell the largest part of their company, the generics business, to Sawai Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd., a large publicly traded generics company in Japan that had been seeking entry into the U.S. market.
Upsher-Smith’s non-generic pharmaceuticals businesses Proximagen, Pairnomix and MOBĒ remained with ACOVA, a holding company owned by the Evenstads.
Upsher-Smith offers brand and generic pharmaceuticals to treat the following disease states:
- High Cholesterol
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Blood Clots
- Alzheimer's disease
- Overactive Bladder
- Heart Arrhythmia
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Low Testosterone
- ^ "Taku Nakaoka Named CEO of Upsher-Smith Laboratories".
- ^ "Executive Team".
- ^ a b c d "Locations - Upsher-Smith". Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC. Retrieved 2022-06-21.
- ^ a b "Upsher-Smith History".
- ^ "Sawai Pharmaceutical Completes Acquisition of Upsher-Smith Laboratories Generics Business". May 31, 2017.
- ^ "Products A-Z - Upsher-Smith". Upsher-Smith Laboratories, LLC. Retrieved 2022-06-21.
- ^ "Upsher-Smith Products".