The jazz album United Notions with Toshiko and her International Jazz Sextet was recorded in New York in 1958 and released on the Metrojazz label. The recording features pianist Toshiko Akiyoshi with Nat Adderley or Doc Severinsen alternating on cornet/trumpet, Bobby Jaspar playing tenor and baritone saxophone and flute, Rolf Kühn on alto saxophone and clarinet, René Thomas on guitar, Bert Dale on drums and John Drew on bass.
|Studio album by |
|Recorded||June 13, 1958|
|Toshiko Akiyoshi chronology|
The album has been reissued on CD by the Spanish label Fresh Sound. The cover of this issue includes a photograph of Doc Severinsen, the only player whose photo was not included on the original MetroJazz LP cover.
LP side A
- "Broadway" (Bird, McRae, Woode) – 6:48
- "Sukiyaki" (Jaspar) – 6:30
- "Swingin' Till the Girls Come Home" (Pettiford) – 6:50
LP side B
- Metrojazz E-1001, Metrojazz (US) SE1001, Metrojazz (J) MM2087, Metrojazz (J) KI7809, Metrojazz (J) POJJ1570
- Fresh Sound Records FSRCD 1636
- United Notions at Allmusic.com
- René Thomas Discography