Tyler Polumbus (born April 10, 1985) is a former American football offensive tackle. He was signed by the Denver Broncos as an undrafted free agent in 2008. He played college football at the University of Colorado at Boulder.
Polumbus with the Washington Redskins in 2014
|No. 74, 76|
|Born:||April 10, 1985|
|Height:||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Weight:||308 lb (140 kg)|
|High school:||Cherry Creek|
(Greenwood Village, Colorado)
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
On April 29, 2008, the Denver Broncos signed Polumbus as an undrafted free agent. He made his NFL debut in Week 1 against the Oakland Raiders. He finished the 2008 season playing in all 16 games as a backup lineman.
Polumbus had his first career start in Week 9 against the Pittsburgh Steelers. By the end of the season, he had played in 15 games and started eight of them.
Polumbus was waived by the team on August 24, 2010.
On August 31, 2010, the Lions traded Polumbus to the Seattle Seahawks for an undisclosed draft pick. He started at left tackle his first two games in place of injured Russell Okung. He played in 15 games, starting 7 of them, by the end of the 2010 season.
After playing five games in the 2011 season, the Seahawks waived him on October 25, 2011.
On November 9, 2011, the Washington Redskins signed Polumbus to the 53-man roster. In Week 11 against the Dallas Cowboys, Polumbus would start as the left guard subbing in for Maurice Hurt. Polumbus would unexpectedly start as the right tackle in Week 15 after Jammal Brown suffered a groin injury during pre-game warmups. At the end of the 2011 season, he played a total of five games, starting four of them.
During 2012 training camp, Polumbus split snaps at right tackle with Maurice Hurt and Willie Smith after Jammal Brown was placed on the physically unable to perform (PUP) list. After starting at right tackle during the first three preseason games, he was officially announced as the starting right tackle for the opening of the 2012 season after Brown had hip surgery on August 27. On October 26, Polumbus was fined $7,875 for a leg whip in Week 7. In Week 15 against the Cleveland Browns, he was forced to leave the game early after suffering a concussion. He would miss the next game against the Philadelphia Eagles due to this concussion.
Polumbus began the 2014 season as the starting right offensive tackle. Before the Week 8 game against the Dallas Cowboys, it was announced by head coach Jay Gruden that Polumbus would be benched in favor of Tom Compton.
Second stint with BroncosEdit
- "Polumbus, Tyler". CUBuffs.com - Official Athletics Web site of the University of Colorado. Retrieved January 9, 2011.
- Tyler Polumbus #78 OT (December 29, 2010). "Tyler Polumbus Profile - Seattle Seahawks". ESPN. Retrieved January 9, 2011.CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Tyler Polumbus News, Stats, Photos - Denver Broncos". www.sbnation.com.
- Yuille, Sean (August 31, 2010). "NFL Roster Cuts 2010: Lions Trade Tyler Polumbus". PrideofDetroit.com. Retrieved August 14, 2012.
- "Seahawks release T Tyler Polumbus". HeraldNet.com. Retrieved October 25, 2011.
- Jones, Mike (November 9, 2011). "Redskins add T Tyler Polumbus to 53-man roster, TE Fendi Onobun to practice squad". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved November 9, 2011.
- "Fill-in tackles Willie Smith, Tyler Polumbus impress Coach Mike Shanahan". WashingtonPost.com. December 11, 2011. Retrieved December 11, 2011.
- Whyno, Stephen (July 26, 2012). "Redskins place Jammal Brown on PUP list with hip soreness". WashingtonTimes.com. Archived from the original on July 28, 2012. Retrieved July 26, 2012.
- Jones, Mike (August 28, 2012). "Redskins expect to start Tyler Polumbus at right tackle". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved August 28, 2012.
- "Fines roundup: Alphonso Smith docked for horse-collar tackle". National Football League. October 26, 2012. Retrieved October 26, 2012.
- Maske, Mark (December 16, 2012). "Injuries suddenly piling up on Redskins' offensive line". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved December 23, 2012.
- Jones, Mike (March 18, 2013). "Redskins re-sign Tyler Polumbus to two-year deal". WashingtonPost.com. Retrieved March 18, 2013.
- "Tyler Polumbus, Washington Redskins strike contract". NFL.com. March 18, 2013. Retrieved March 18, 2013.
- Keim, John (October 24, 2014). "Tom Compton in, Tyler Polumbus out at RT". ESPN.com. Retrieved December 23, 2014.
- Wesseling, Chris (May 14, 2015). "Tyler Polumbus set to sign with Atlanta Falcons". NFL.com. Retrieved May 14, 2015.
- Ledbetter, D. Orlando (September 29, 2015). "Falcons sign Shuler, released Polumbus". The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Retrieved October 9, 2015.
- Gantt, Darin (October 1, 2015). "Broncos add some tackle depth, sign Tyler Polumbus". NBCSports.com. Retrieved October 8, 2015.
- "Super Bowl 50 - Denver Broncos vs. Carolina Panthers - February 7th, 2016". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved August 31, 2017.