Trigger Hippy is an American rock band composed of Black Crowes drummer Steve Gorman and bassist Nick Govrik. Formerly of the group are Widespread Panic guitarist Jimmy Herring, singer Joan Osborne, former Black Crowes guitarist Audley Freed, session guitarist Tom Bukovac and singer/songwriter and Black Crowes guitarist Jackie Greene.
|Origin||Nashville, Tennessee, United States|
|Genres||Blues rock, hard rock, Americana|
|Associated acts||Black Crowes|
|Past members||Jimmy Herring|
The group was initially formed as a casual collaboration between Freed, Govrik, and Gorman. The three had met together to jam on multiple occasions, constantly cycling a fourth musician. Trigger Hippy made its live debut on February 2, 2009, at the Cox Capitol Theatre in Macon, Georgia with Herring filling out the lineup. Due to Herring's tour commitment to Widespread Panic, the group recruited Greene and Osborne. The band toured the south of the US in the summer of 2011, playing shows in Atlanta, Birmingham, Nashville, Memphis, and Chattanooga; performing both original and cover material.
After playing shows throughout California, the group spent January 2012 at Mission Bells Recording Studio in San Francisco recording tracks for their debut album. In March 2012 it was announced that, after finishing these recordings, Freed had left the band. In his place, the band brought in Will Kimbrough, who was then replaced in August 2012 by Bukovac.
In May 2015, Trigger Hippy announced that Tom Bukovac had "left the band to pursue other opportunities". Guthrie Trapp replaced Bukovac for the remainder of the 2015 summer tour. On July 25, 2015, Jackie Greene announced via Facebook that he was immediately leaving the band to focus on his new solo album. Trigger Hippy confirmed on July 27, 2015 that they would continue on without Jackie and play the remaining August 22 tour date.
In April 2016, MarinIJ.com reported that Joan Osborne was back in Nashville "meeting with musicians hoping to replace Jackie Greene" 
- Steve Gorman – drums (2009–present)
- Nick Govrik – bass, vocals (2009–present)
- Trigger Hippy (Released September 30, 2014), Rounder Records
- Music News & Concert Reviews – JamBase
- RECORD STORE DAY – SpecialRelease
- Guthrie Trapp to join us on our Summer Tour | Trigger Hippy
- Jackie Greene Quits Trigger Hippy
- Quick Update from Trigger Hippy | Trigger Hippy
- Paul Liberatore’s Lib at Large: Joan Osborne on grown-up love, John Carter Cash on his parents’ musical legacy
- Trigger Hippy – "Trigger Hippy" (album stream) (Premiere) | PopMatters