Travis Beacham (born 1980) is an American screenwriter.
Beacham at the 2011 Comic-Con International
|Born||1980 (age 38–39)|
Just prior to graduating from North Carolina School of the Arts in 2005 after studying screenwriting, Beacham contributed to the independent feature Dog Days of Summer directed by fellow alum Mark Freiburger.
Beacham's first spec script A Killing on Carnival Row was picked up by New Line Cinema in 2005. Characterized as "a dark neo-noir fantasy thriller," the project was in development for years with directors Guillermo del Toro and Neil Jordan. However in May 2017 it was announced that Amazon Studios had ordered an eight-episode television series based off the script, Carnival Row.
In 2009, Beacham was reported to be working on the screenplay for the Disney remake of The Black Hole. Plot details of Beacham's script have been kept under wraps, but the new film is said to be more grounded in science.
In 2010, Beacham's treatment for the science fiction film Pacific Rim was acquired by Legendary Pictures. The film, directed by Guillermo del Toro, features giant robots defending the world from an onslaught of giant monsters. Prior to the film's release in 2013, Beacham authored a graphic novel prequel titled Pacific Rim: Tales From Year Zero, with art by Sean Chen, Yvel Guichet, Pericles Junior and Alex Ross.
Cable network AMC announced in April 2013 a science fiction crime drama called Ballistic City. Developed as a potential companion for The Walking Dead, the new series depicts "a former cop thrust into the criminal underworld of a city housed in a generational spaceship." Beacham is set to write the script and executive produce alongside director Joseph Kosinski. Beacham was also a creative voice behind the TV series Hieroglyph which got cancelled before the first episode aired.
- "New Line lines up pair" from Variety
- "The Black List: Where Are The Top Scripts Of Previous Years Now?" from Indiewire
- "Killing on Carnival Row Script Review" Archived 2013-07-09 at the Wayback Machine from News in Film
- Andreeva, Nellie. "'Carnival Row' Fantasy Drama From Rene Echevarria & Travis Beacham Gets Amazon Series Order". Deadline. Penske Business Media, LLC. Retrieved 3 September 2017.
- "New Writer on Clash of the Titans Remake" from ComingSoon.net
- "Kopelsons Tangled up" from Variety
- "Tron: Legacy Team to Remake Disney's Black Hole" from Slashfilm
- "Legendary Pictures Re-Teams with 'Clash' Scribe on 'Pacific Rim'" from Deadline
- "Travis Beacham Talks Pacific Rim" Archived 2013-06-13 at the Wayback Machine from BioGamerGirl.com
- "WC13: ALEX ROSS COVERS LEGENDARY'S 'PACIFIC RIM' GRAPHIC NOVEL PREQUEL" from CBR
- "'Oblivion' Director, 'Pacific Rim' Writer Team for AMC Sci-Fi Drama" from The Hollywood Reporter
- Giroux, Jack. "The Curiosity Teaser: Travis Beacham's Directorial Debut". Slash Film. Retrieved 7 March 2017.
- Cynthia Littleton. "Amazon Grabs U.S. Rights to Bryan Cranston's 'Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams' Anthology Series". Variety.
- Nellie Andreeva. "'Philip K. Dick's Electric Dreams' TV Series From Ron Moore, Michael Dinner & Bryan Cranston Picked Up By Amazon". Deadline.