This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Stephen Mark Freiburger (born July 16, 1983) is an American filmmaker. Freiburger grew up in Charlotte, North Carolina. Freiburger produced and directed his first feature, Dog Days of Summer, and then directed Greatest Super Bowl Commercial of All Time CBS.
Stephen Mark Freiburger
July 16, 1983
Roanoke, Virginia, United States
|Alma mater||UNC School of the Arts|
|Occupation||Film Director & Screenwriter|
Early life and educationEdit
- Graduated from the University of North Carolina School of the Arts in 2005.
- Co-Writer of the upcoming feature film Arise produced by Sycamore Pictures and Third Coast Content. 
- Attached to direct Elsewhere, a Hollywood Black List script.
- Writer of Citizen feature in development at Original Film
- Writer of Birches UK based feature. Based on the novel 'Silver Birches' (published in 2009 by Adrian Plass), was turned into a film starring Natasha Little, Anna Acton and Todd Carty.
- Co-Writer of Angels film in development for musician Dave Matthews' film production company.
- Shadowed Michael Bay on the set of Transformers: Age of Extinction.
- Wrote and produced The Trial, starring Matthew Modine, Bob Gunton and Robert Forster. Released by 20th Century Fox.
- Directed and produced Dog Days of Summer. Feature directorial debut. Released by Sony Pictures Home Entertainment
- Prior to his features, he directed numerous award-winning shorts, and a handful of music videos.
- Winner of the 2013 Doritos Crash the Super Bowl contest. His commercial Fashionista Daddy made for a mere $300 beat out thousands of other entries, aired during Super Bowl XLVII on February 3, 2013 and was the #1 ranked :30 commercial of the Super Bowl on the USA Today Ad Meter. It landed him a mentorship under director Michael Bay on Transformers: Age of Extinction starring Mark Wahlberg.
- On January 29, 2014 it was announced during a live broadcast on CBS that his Doritos commercial was ranked the Greatest Super Bowl Commercial of All Time on a countdown of the top 10 commercials in Super Bowl history.
- Directed 2 commercials for Join.Me in 2016/2017.
- Directed an anti-drug PSA featuring Jamie Lee Curtis for The Clare Foundation in 2016.
- Directed an IKEA commercial in South Korea for Spring/Summer 2017 campaign.
- Directed a campaign of 3 commercials for Samaritan's Feet, for Fall 2017.
- Co-Directed a Microsoft branded film in 2019.
- Directed a series of commercials for Fara Coffee, to be released in 2020.
- Directed the Cooper & Joey pilot for Nickelodeon.
- Directed sketch comedy digital shorts for DreamWorksTV.
- Directed Season 1 of the narrative podcast series BLACKWOOD, produced by Wondery. Released in October 2018.
- "Adrian and Bridget Plass Day with Film Premiere Wednesday 16th May". baylink.org. Archived from the original on 20 April 2018. Retrieved 19 April 2018.
|This article about a United States film director born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|