The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (December 2018)
Train 20 is a proposed Higher-speed rail, long distance electric multiple unit which will be designed to replace the Rajdhani Express fleet of the Indian Railways. These sets will be made up of aluminium and except this, it will be based on Train 18 (Vande Bharat). Train 20 will be used for long distances. It will have an expected top speed of 200 km/h. The name is based on its year of launch - 2020.
|Manufacturer||Integral Coach Factory|
|Built at||Integral Coach Factory, Chennai|
|Replaced||Rajdhani Express, LHB coaches|
|Car body construction||Aluminium|
|Maximum speed||200 kilometres per hour (120 mph)|
|Acceleration||0.8 metres per second squared (2.6 ft/s2)|
|Power supply||25 kV 50 Hz AC|
|Braking system(s)||Train brakes: Air, Regenerative braking|
|Track gauge||1676 mm broad gauge|
- Nov 2018: Train 18 has been rolled out, now ICF has focussed on procuring components for the Train 20.
- Dec 2018: Train-20 will be launched in year 2020.
- Prabhakar, Siddharth (23 October 2020). "First Made-in-India engineless train gets on track for trial run". The Times of India. Retrieved 22 August 2020.
- Jain, Smriti (October 19, 2018). "Train 18 ready for rollout! Why it makes perfect sense for this engine-less train to replace Shatabdi Express". Financial Express. Retrieved 8 November 2018.
- Livemint. "High-speed Train 20 will replace Railways' Rajdhani Express". Livemint.com. Retrieved 2020-02-21.
- AC Superfast Express
- Bullet train (Mumbai-Ahmedabad)
- Vande Bharat Express
- Gatimaan Express
- Humsafar Express
- Tejas Express
- Mahamana Express
- Duronto Express
- Rajdhani Express
- Shatabdi Express
- Jan Shatabdi Express
- Antyodaya Express
- Uday Express
- Yuva Express
- Garib Rath Express
- Double Decker Express
- Train 19