This article needs additional citations for verification. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Total Commander (formerly Windows Commander) is an orthodox file manager for Windows, Windows Phone and Android, developed by the Swiss Christian Ghisler using Delphi. It features a built-in FTP client, tabbed interface, file compare, archive file navigation, and a multi-rename tool with regular expression support. It is for the most part compatible with Linux using Wine.
Total Commander 9.0a screenshot
|Initial release||September 25, 1993|
|Written in||Object Pascal|
|Operating system||Windows, Android, Windows Phone|
|License||Shareware on Windows
Freeware on Android and Windows Phone
The utility supports extensibility via plugins, and it can bind external programs for viewing or editing files. Many plugins are freely available for e.g. different packer formats or file viewer for special file formats. Many functions not available by default are supported and can be assigned to icons.
From 1993 until 2002, Total Commander was called Windows Commander; the name was changed in 2002 after Microsoft pointed out that the word "Windows" was their trademark.
- "Total Commander 9.12 final available (32bit+64bit)". Ghisler.ch. 2017-11-24. Retrieved 2017-11-24.
- "Download version 2.90 of Total Commander for Android and Blackberry". Ghisler.ch. 2018-03-07. Retrieved 2018-03-10.
- "Total Commander – Windows Apps on Microsoft Store". Ghisler.ch. 2016-04-28. Retrieved 2016-11-24.
- "Total Commander 9.20 release candidate 2 available". Ghisler.ch. 2018-06-20. Retrieved 2018-06-20.
- "Total Commander - Windows Phone Apps+Games Store". Windowsphone.com. 2015-06-22. Retrieved 2015-06-27.
- WineHQ entry- Total Commander (a.k.a. Windows Commander)