Tommy Farrell (footballer, born 1937)
Thomas "Tommy" Farrell (Irish: Tomás Ó Fearail; 1937 in Dublin- 20 July 2012) was a former Irish football player who played as a centre half. Uncle of movie actor Colin Farrell, he began his career at Home Farm F.C. and signed for Shamrock Rovers F.C. in 1957.
He earned two League of Ireland XI caps while at Glenmalure Park and made 7 appearances in the European Champion Clubs' Cup, UEFA Cup Winners' Cup and the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup against SK Rapid Wien and Valencia CF amongst others.
Farrell also made one appearance for the Republic of Ireland B in 1960 having already played for his country at schoolboy and youth level. He broke his nose while touring the United States in the summer of 1961.
- League of Ireland: 2
- Shamrock Rovers - 1958/59, 1963/64
- FAI Cup: 3
- Shamrock Rovers - 1962, 1964, 1965
- League of Ireland Shield: 3
- Shamrock Rovers - 1962/63, 1963/64, 1964/65
- Leinster Senior Cup: 2
- Shamrock Rovers - 1958, 1964
- Dublin City Cup: 2
- Shamrock Rovers - 1959/60, 1963/64
- Top Four Cup: 2
- Shamrock Rovers - 1957/58, 1965/66