Toledo, Ozark County, Missouri
Toledo is an unincorporated community in Ozark County, in the U.S. state of Missouri. Toledo is located in the valley of the Little North Fork White River, approximately four miles north of Thornfield and Missouri Route 95.
|Coordinates: Coordinates: |
|Country||U. S. A.|
|Elevation||272 m (892 ft)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
Toledo was formerly called Benners. A post office was established as Benners in 1898, the name was changed to Toledo in 1910, and the post office closed in 1942. The present name is a transfer from Toledo, Ohio. Little remains of the original community since much of the surrounding area was given over to the Mark Twain National Forest.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Toledo, Ozark County, Missouri
- Smallett, Missouri, 7.5 Minute Topographic Quadrangle, USGS, 2004
- Thornfield, Missouri, 7.5 Minute Topographic Quadrangle, USGS, 2004
- Harvey, Hank (Sep 11, 1994). "Missouri's Toledo is just a ghost town now". Toledo Blade. p. 6. Retrieved 6 October 2015.
- "Ozark County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 6 October 2015.
- "Ozark County Place Names, 1928–1945". The State Historical Society of Missouri. Archived from the original on June 24, 2016. Retrieved November 27, 2016.