Toledano (Hebrew: טולדנו, Ladino: טולידאנו) is a family name derived from the city of Toledo, Spain. Bearers of the name can be found mainly in Spanish-speaking countries, the United States, France, Canada, Israel, and Australia. Among Mizrahi Jews, and in particular Sephardi Jews in their various diasporas, the Toledano surname is still prevalent, indicating an ancestry traced back to Toledo, Spain. The Toledano name was also retained among non-Jews in various Spanish-speaking countries.
|Meaning||"Toledan" "from Toledo (or from Reino de Toledo)"|
|Region of origin||Spain, Morocco, Greece, Israel, France; Spanish-speaking countries|
|Variant form(s)||Toledani; Toledo, de Toledo|
The Jewish Toledanos were expelled from Spain in 1492. After the expulsion from Spain the Toledanos went to Safed, Salonika, and Morocco. They arrived in Fez, Morocco during the 16th century from Salonika and from there went to Meknes and became leaders of the community from the 16th century until the present day.
- Avraham "Avi" Toledano (born 1948, Meknes), Moroccan-Israeli singer, 1982 Eurovision runner-up
- Avraham Toledano, the Mashgiach ruchani of the Yeshivat Haraayon Hayehudi
- Drew Tal (born Dror Toledano, 1957), a prominent photographer and visual artist working and living in New York City
- Ehud R. Toledano, Professor of Middle East history at Tel Aviv University and University Chair for Ottoman & Turkish Studies
- Éric Toledano (born 1971), a French film director, actor
- Fernando Usero Toledano (born 1984, Brazatortas, Ciudad Real, Castile-La Mancha), a Spanish professional footballer
- Haham Pinchas Toledano, chief rabbi of Amsterdam
- José Antolin Toledano (born 1936, Quintana del Puente, Palencia, Spain), a Spanish industrialist
- Hilda Toledano (a literary pseudonym; 1907–1995)
- Ralph de Toledano (1916, Tangiers - 2007, Bethesda, Maryland), Jewish Moroccan-American political activist
- Ralph Toledano (born September 27, 1951, Casablanca, Morocco) French-Moroccan businessman
- Samuel Toledano (1929, Tangiers - 1996, Madrid), Jewish Moroccan-Spanish community leader
- Shmuel Toledano (born 1921, Tiberias), an Israeli Mossad employee and politician
- Sidney Toledano (born 1951), CEO of the Christian Dior S.A.
- Vicente Lombardo Toledano (1894–1968), Mexican politician and teacher
- Ya'akov Moshe Toledano (born 1880, Tiberias - 1960), an Israeli Sephardic-haredi rabbi, chief rabbi of Cairo, Alexandria and Tel Aviv
- Yuriorkis Gamboa Toledano (born 1981), Cuban boxer
- (PDF). 20 July 2008 https://web.archive.org/web/20080720090515/http://www.emanuelschool.nsw.edu.au/Ma%20Nishmas/20070824/Vol%2015_Issue%2026.pdf. Archived from the original on 20 July 2008. Retrieved 7 October 2017. Missing or empty
|title=(help)CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)
- "Toledano & the Ancient Synagogue Card". Zazzle.com. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- fr:Éric Toledano
- fr:Sidney Toledano