This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Timothy Carhart (born December 24, 1953) is an American actor. He starred in the CBS drama Island Son (1989–90) and has had recurring roles in CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2000–03) and 24 (2002). He also starred in the 1992 Broadway revival of A Streetcar Named Desire. His film appearances include Ghostbusters (1984), Pink Cadillac (1989), Thelma & Louise (1991), and Beverly Hills Cop III (1994).
December 24, 1953
Washington, D.C., United States
|Years active||1970s – present|
Carhart was born Timothy Grunig in Washington, D.C. and attended junior high and high school in Evanston, Illinois. He travelled to Izmir and Ankara in Turkey, and to Verdun in France, before returning to the U.S. and studying theater.
Carhart made his television acting debut in NBC's 1978 mini-series The Awakening Land. Throughout the 1980s, Carhart made guest appearances on several television series, including Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Miami Vice and Crime Story. Carhart also appeared in two episodes of the crime drama Spenser: For Hire.
Carhart has made guest appearances on a number of science fiction shows including in 1991 where he appeared in Quantum Leap, the time travel series starring Scott Bakula and Dean Stockwell. Later that year he appeared as Lieutenant Commander Christopher Hobson in the fifth-season premiere of Star Trek: The Next Generation, "Redemption (Part 2)". In 1995, Carhart was a guest star on the widely popular science fiction series The X-Files, appearing as Virgil Incanto in the episode "2Shy".
Carhart appeared in several made-for-TV movies during the 1990s, including Call Me Anna (1990), Quicksand: No Escape (1992) Smoke Jumpers (1996), America's Dream (1996) and Before Carhart Wakes (1998). Carhart also starred in two mini-series from CBS, In a Child's Name (1991) and Gone in the Night (1996).
Between 2000 and 2003, Carhart played the recurring role of Eddie Willows on the hit CBS crime drama CSI: Crime Scene Investigation in four episodes. In 2002, he had a recurring role on the hit Fox series 24, playing Assistant NSA head Eric Rayburn in four episodes.
He also made a guest appearance on Criminal Minds in the season 4 episode, "Roadkill", as Detective Quinn who calls for the BAU to help investigate after a series of homicides occur that appear to have been caused by a serial killer's car near Bend, Oregon.
In 1985, Carhart had a supporting role in the Academy Award-winning drama Witness and the popular romantic comedy film Desperately Seeking Susan. In the former, he played a small but vital role as an undercover narcotics officer (Zenovich) whose brutal murder begins the story. His character is mentioned by name only once by Harrison Ford in the final script and he does not have any lines. Also in 1985, he appeared in the drama film Marie.
His feature film credits expanded in the 1990s, with appearances in such hit films as The Hunt for Red October, Beverly Hills Cop III (1994), Black Sheep (1996) and Air Force One (1997). In 1991, he once again had a small but important role in another Academy Award-winning hit film, Thelma & Louise, playing Harlan Puckett, a drunk man who is shot dead by Louise Sawyer (played by Susan Sarandon) as he attempts to rape her friend Thelma Dickinson (played by Geena Davis) which kicks off the main plot.
Carhart's most recent film was the 2005 direct-to-DVD Steven Seagal vehicle Black Dawn.
In 1987, Carhart starred in a stage production of Don DeLillo's play The Day Room at the New York City Center. For his performance in this production, he was nominated for the 1988 Drama Desk Award for Outstanding Ensemble Acting.
- Summerspell (1983) as Cecil Jr
- Ghostbusters (1984) as Violinist
- The Party Animal (1984) as Studly
- Witness (1985) as Zenovich
- Desperately Seeking Susan (1985) as Victoria's Boyfriend
- Marie (1985) as Clayton Dawson
- Sweet Liberty (1986) as Eagleton, Stunt Coordinator
- Playing for Keeps (1986) as Emmett
- The Manhattan Project (1986) as Relief Guard
- The Rescue (1988) as Lt. Phillips
- Lovers, Partners & Spies (1988) as Jack Smith
- Working Girl (1988) as Tim Draper
- Pink Cadillac (1989) as Roy McGuinn
- The Hunt for Red October (1990) as Bill Steiner
- Thelma & Louise (1991) as Harlan Puckett
- Red Rock West (1993) as Deputy Greytack
- Heaven & Earth (1993) as Big Mike
- Beverly Hills Cop III (1994) as Ellis De Wald
- The X-Files (1995) as Virgil Incanto
- Candyman: Farewell to the Flesh (1995) as Paul McKeever
- Black Sheep (1996) as Roger Kovary
- Air Force One (1997) as Secret Service Agent at Checkpoint (uncredited)
- CSI: Crime Scene Investigation (2000-2003, TV Series) as Eddie Willows
- 24 (2002, TV Series) as Eric Rayburn
- Motocrossed (2001, Film) as Edward Carson
- The Remake (2016) as Francis Zelski
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Timothy Carhart.|