Tillys (originally known as World of Jeans and Tops and Tilly's) is an American retail clothing company that sells an assortment of branded apparel, accessories, shoes, and more. Tillys is headquartered and operated from Irvine, California.
|Formerly||World of Jeans and Tops|
|NYSE: TLYS (Class A)|
Russell 2000 Component
|Headquarters||Irvine, California, U.S.|
Number of locations
|Hezy Shaked (Founder)|
Edmond Thomas (President and CEO)
Mike Henry (CFO)
|Revenue||US$ 775.8 million (2021)|
|US$87.6 million (2021)|
|US$64.2 million (2021)|
|Total assets||US$505 million (2021)|
Number of employees
|Footnotes / references|
Hezy Shaked, a former Israel Navy officer, and his wife, Tilly Levine, opened “World of Jeans and Tops” in Los Alamitos, California in 1982. Shaked later renamed the store “Tilly’s” after his wife. The couple divorced in 1989, but Levine continued to work for the company as director of vendor relations. The company went public in May 2012, raising $124 million through its initial public offering of stock.
Tillys stores are located in both traditional outdoor shopping centers and in shopping malls. The average store size is 7,900 square feet (734 m2). Due to their size, Tillys locations in malls usually take up two or three store spaces. As of 2021, Tillys operates 240 stores in 33 states.
Tillys primarily sells clothing, shoes, and accessories for various active lifestyles including lounging, surfing, skateboarding, and snowboarding along with sports such as motorcross. Among the brands sold are Adidas, Billabong, DC Shoes, Element, Fox, Famous Stars and Straps, Elwood, Hurley, Nike SB, O'Neill, Quiksilver, RVCA, Vans, and Volcom, as well as an extensive selection of Levi's. They also sell store brands such as Blue Crown, RSQ, Micros, and West of Melrose.
- "About Us". Tilly's. Retrieved January 9, 2013.
- "TLYS Income Statement". Yahoo! Finance. January 4, 2013. Retrieved January 10, 2019.
- "US SEC: 2020 Form 10-K NIKE, Inc". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. July 24, 2020. Retrieved July 25, 2020.
- "I-8 Jewish Travel: Chains of success". San Diego Jewish World. March 17, 2016. Retrieved February 10, 2021.
- Chandak, Pankaj (January 4, 2013). "Tilly's: Retailer With A Broken IPO Is A Double". Seeking Alpha. Retrieved January 7, 2013.