Tibor Linka (born 13 February 1995) is a Slovak sprint canoer who competes in the four-man (K-4) events. He won a gold medal at the 2015 World Championships and a silver medal at the 2016 Olympics. Earlier in 2014 he was named Athlete of the Year in his native town of Šamorín.
Linka at the 2016 Olympics
13 February 1995 |
|Height||199 cm (6 ft 6 in)|
|Weight||95 kg (209 lb)|
|Club||Kajak Canoe Klub Samorin|
|Coached by||Peter Liker|
At the 2013 European Junior and U23 Championships he won a gold medal in K-2 500 metres junior race with Denis Myšák. Next year, again with Myšák, they finished second in the U23 race. In 2015 he became part of Slovak K-4 team, which had won many medals at the Olympic Games, World and European Championships. With Erik Vlček, Juraj Tarr and Denis Myšák, they won K-4 1000 metres race at the 2015 World Championships. In 2016, the same team won one gold  and one silver medal  at the 2016 European Championships, showing good form before the main objective of the season, the Olympic Games, where they competed in the K-4 1000 m category as the reigning World Champions and managed to win the silver medal.
- "Tibor Linka ICF profile". www.canoeicf.com. International Canoe Federation. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- Tibor Linka. rio2016.com
- Tibor Linka. nbcolympics.com
- "Results K2 500m Men". ecsprint.kayakpl.com. 30 June 2013. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- "Results K2 U23 500m Men" (PDF). mantesenyvelinescanoe2014.spotfokus.pt. 29 June 2014. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- "Results Race 266 – K4 1000m" (PDF). canoe2015.microplustiming.com. 23 August 2015. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- "Results K4 Men 1000m" (PDF). europecanoeevents.com. European Canoe Association. 26 June 2016. Retrieved 19 August 2016.
- "Results K4 Men 500m" (PDF). europecanoeevents.com. European Canoe Association. 25 June 2016. Retrieved 19 August 2016.