Tianyang District (Chinese: 田阳区; pinyin: Tiányáng Qū, Standard Zhuang: Denzyangz Gih; Youjiang Zhuang: Gih Denzyangz) is a district in western Guangxi, China. It is under the administration of the prefecture-level city of Baise.
田阳区 · Denzyangz Gih · Gih Denzyangz
|Country||People's Republic of China|
|Township-level divisions||7 towns|
|County seat||Tianzhou (田州镇)|
|• Total||2,395 km2 (925 sq mi)|
|Elevation||115 m (377 ft)|
|• Density||140/km2 (370/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+8 (China Standard)|
Tianyang County was formed in 1935 by combining Fengyi County (奉议县) and Enyang County (恩阳县) with the county seat in Napo (那坡镇) and in 1954 the county seat was moved to Tianzhou (田州镇). In 1935 the population was 135,071.
In August 2019, the county was converted into a district.
From June 21, 2005, there are 7 towns and 3 townships in the county:
- Tianzhou (田州镇)(63k)
- Napo (那坡镇)(32k)
- Pohong (坡洪镇)(37k)
- Naman (那满镇)(23k)
- Baiyu (百育镇)(27k)
- Yufeng (玉凤镇)(38k)
- Toutang (头塘镇)(24k)
Culture and ArtsEdit
Apart from road access including the G80 Guangzhou–Kunming Expressway, the district also has rail access via Tianyang Railway Station which is part of the Nanning–Kunming high-speed railway network and air access via Baise Bama Airport.
- 田阳县志(概述) http://lib.gxdqw.com/view-c20-1.html retrieved 2018-06-21
- 田阳县志(人口数量) http://lib.gxdqw.com/view-c20-373.html retrieved 2018-06-21
- "百色市部分行政区划调整". 广西壮族自治区人民政府门户网站 (in Chinese). 26 August 2019. Retrieved 19 October 2019.
- 2011年统计用区划代码和城乡划分代码：田阳县 (in Chinese). National Bureau of Statistics of the People's Republic of China. Retrieved 2013-01-02.[permanent dead link]
- Main data bulletin of the sixth national census in 2010/China Statistical Information Network Archived 2014-11-29 at the Wayback Machine, 2011-12-13(in Chinese)
- Official website of Tianyang Archived 2012-06-05 at the Wayback Machine (in Chinese)
- 厉害了！广西田阳县有壮语的Rap 你听过吗？http://gx.sina.com.cn/news/gx/2018-05-27/detail-ihcaqueu7685861.shtml?from=gx_cnxh retrieved 2018-06-20, Chinese article with about one third content translated into English