Three of Hearts (1993 film)
|Three of Hearts|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Yurek Bogayevicz|
|Produced by||Matthew Irmas|
|Written by||Adam Greenman|
|Music by||Joe Jackson|
|Edited by||Dennis M. Hill|
|Distributed by||New Line Cinema|
Connie is desperate to win Ellen back and Joe volunteers to break Ellen's heart to convince her that heterosexual relationships are inferior to lesbian ones. The hope is that the disaster will cause her to return to Connie. Neither counts on Joe having feelings for Ellen nor expects her to discover the trick.
- William Baldwin as Joe Casella
- Kelly Lynch as Connie Czapski
- Sherilyn Fenn as Ellen Armstrong
- Joe Pantoliano as Mickey
- Gail Strickland as Yvonne
- Cec Verrell as Allison
- Claire Callaway as Isabella
- Marek Johnson as Gail
- Monique Mannen as Daphne
- Timothy Stickney as Ralph
- Frank Ray Perilli as Patient
- Tony Amendola as Harvey
- Keith MacKechnie as Frankie
- Ann Ryerson as Jackie
- Gloria Gifford as Operator
The movie received mixed reviews. It currently has a 53% rating on Rotten Tomatoes based on 17 reviews. Critic Joe Brown said: "A two-hour anticlimax, Three of Hearts manages to offend just about everyone - women, men, lesbians, heterosexuals, prostitutes and, most of all, moviegoers". While critic Michael Dequina said: "An engaging romantic comedy".
- "Three of Hearts (1993)". June 9, 2019.
- Maslin, Janet (April 30, 1993). "Three of Hearts (1993) Review/Film; Love in a New York Isosceles Triangle". The New York Times. Retrieved July 14, 2012.
- Brown, Joe (April 30, 1993). "Three of Hearts (R)". Washington Post. Retrieved July 14, 2012.
- Ebert, Roger (April 30, 1993). "Three Of Hearts". Retrieved July 14, 2012.
- Rainer, Peter (April 30, 1993). "Movie Review : A Sugarcoated 'Three of Hearts'". The LA Times. Retrieved July 14, 2012.
- Welkos, Robert W. (May 4, 1993). "Weekend Box Office : 'Proposal' Still Doing Indecent Business". The LA Times. Retrieved July 14, 2012.