Thomas Gilman is an American wrestler who specializes in freestyle wrestling. He grew up in Iowa but crossed the border into Nebraska to go to high school at Skutt Catholic where he was four-time Nebraska state champion. He won the 103 pound title as a freshman, the 112 pound title as a sophomore, the 119 pound title as a junior, and the 132 pound title as a senior. Gilman helped lead Omaha Skutt Catholic to the state team championship three times (2009–10, 2012).
|Born||April 28, 1994|
Council Bluffs, Iowa, United States
|High school||Skutt Catholic (Omaha, Nebraska)|
|State championships||4 (Nebraska)|
|College||University of Iowa|
|Olympic team||United States of America|
|Status||Team USA / Titan Mercury WC/Hawkeye WC|
At the 2017 U.S. World Team Trial he defeated Tony Ramos to qualify for the 2017 World Wrestling Championships. At those championships at 57 kg he reached the final, winning a silver medal. On June 10, 2018, at the 2018 Final X Tournament in Lincoln, Nebraska, he defeated Oklahoma State's Daton Fix two matches to zero (6-3 and 2-1) to qualify for the 2018 World Wrestling Championships in Budapest, Hungary, where he placed 5th at 57 kg.
His Russian debut took place in Krasnoyarsk, Siberia at Ivan Yarygin 2019, he won the first match to Cuba's Aleksei Blanco by technical fall but then he lost to junior world champion from Dagestan Abasgadzhi Magomedov by pin and won the bronze medal.
- "Thomas Gilman wants to become wrestling mainstay at World Championships".
- "Iowa's top-ranked Thomas Gilman a polarizing wrestler who's shooting for greatness". 12 February 2017.
- "Thomas Gilman ready for World wrestling tournament - The Gazette".
- says, Mike Phelps (25 August 2017). "Fan Reactions to Gilman Making World Championships Finals".
- "2018 Final X - Lincoln". flowrestling. Retrieved 10 June 2018.
- "Anthony and Gilman claim bronze at Yarygin, Molinari takes fifth". teamusa.org.