Thinking About You (Whitney Houston song)
"Thinking About You" is the debut single by American singer Whitney Houston. It was written by Kashif Saleem and La Forrest "La La" Cope for Houston's debut studio album Whitney Houston (1985), while production was helmed by the former, released on January 11, 1985. Even though it was not promoted as a single to top 40 radio stations, "Thinking About You" became a top 10 hit on the Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs in the United States. It later appeared as the B-side to Houston's 1986 single, "Greatest Love of All".
|"Thinking About You"|
|Single by Whitney Houston|
|from the album Whitney Houston|
|B-side||"Someone for Me"|
|Released||January 11, 1985|
|Whitney Houston singles chronology|
The song debuted at number 89 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Singles chart on September 11, 1985. On December 14, 1985, the song reached its peak position of number 10. It spent 15 weeks on the chart.
AllMusic editor Stephen Thomas Erlewine called the track "unheralded" and one of the lighter songs on the album, as well as "a dance/R&B hit [...] that remains one of Whitney's purest pop pleasures".
Track listings and formatsEdit
Credits and personnelEdit
|US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs (Billboard)||10|
|US Dance Club Songs (Billboard)||24|
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas (January 26, 2010). "Whitney Houston: The Deluxe 25th Anniversary Edition". AllMusic. Retrieved November 9, 2017.
and the unheralded "Thinking About You," a dance/R&B hit co-written by Kashif
- Erlewine, Stephen Thomas. "Whitney Houston – Whitney Houston | Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved September 18, 2018.
- "Whitney Houston - Thinking About You (Vinyl, Single)". discogs.com.
- "Whitney Houston - Thinking About You (Vinyl)". discogs.com.
- Whitney Houston (CD). Whitney Houston. United States: Arista. 1985.CS1 maint: others in cite AV media (notes) (link)
- "Whitney Houston Chart History (Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved April 23, 2017.
- "Whitney Houston Chart History (Dance Club Songs)". Billboard. Retrieved April 23, 2017.