This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
The origin of the name "Thingalnagar" ("Monday Market" in English) is that every Monday, the market gathers with people from several nearby villages, wholesalers, and farmers for trading. Markets can be found in Thingalnagar selling fresh marine fish, vegetables, and pets.
As of the 2001 Census of India, Thingalnagar has a population of 12,554. Males constitute 49% of the population and females 51%. Thingalnagar has an average literacy rate of 78%, higher than the national average of 59.5%; male literacy is 81%, and female literacy is 76%. In Thingalnagar, 10% of the population is under 6 years of age.
- Radhakrishnan Temple
- Placcode mutharamman temple
- Suvartha House of Worship, West Channel St., Neyyoor
- Church of South India, Neyyoor
- Full Gospel Church of God, Neyyoor
- The Pentecostal Mission, Neyyoor
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 16 June 2004. Retrieved 1 November 2008.