The Trouble with Girls (song)
"The Trouble with Girls" is a song written by Chris Tompkins and Philip White, and recorded by American recording artist and American Idol 's season 10 winner, Scotty McCreery. It was released in August 2011 as the second single from his debut album Clear as Day.
|"The Trouble with Girls"|
|Single by Scotty McCreery|
|from the album Clear as Day|
|Released||August 30, 2011|
|Label||19 Recordings/Mercury Nashville|
|Scotty McCreery singles chronology|
Billy Dukes of Taste of Country gave the song mixed reviews, saying that the "heavy-handed production almost sabotages a fine performance." He later said "vulnerable and memorable." He gave the song three stars out of five. Matt Bjorke of Roughstock gave it favorable reviews noting "you’ll be hearing this song quite a bit on your local country radio stations as it’s everything that “I Love You This Big” isn’t and proves that America got it right by voting Scotty as the next American Idol last spring." He gave the song four stars out of five.
|US Billboard Hot 100||55|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||17|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||71|
|United States (RIAA)||Platinum||836,000|
*sales figures based on certification alone
|United States||August 30, 2011||Radio airplay||19 Recordings, Inc|
- "Billboard Country Update" (PDF). Retrieved 21 February 2014.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on July 21, 2007. Retrieved January 23, 2009.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Scotty McCreery Chart History (Hot 100)". Billboard.
- "Scotty McCreery Chart History (Hot Country Songs)". Billboard.
- "Best of 2012: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 2012. Retrieved December 14, 2012.
- "American single certifications – Scotty McCreery – The Trouble with Girls". Recording Industry Association of America. If necessary, click Advanced, then click Format, then select Single, then click SEARCH.
|This 2010s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|