The Transfiguration (film)
This article is missing information about the film's plot, production, and theatrical/home media releases.July 2018)(
The Transfiguration is a 2016 American horror drama film written and directed by Michael O'Shea. It was selected to be screened in the Un Certain Regard section at the 2016 Cannes Film Festival. The film was released in the United Kingdom on April 21, 2017.
|Directed by||Michael O'Shea|
|Produced by||Susan Leber|
|Written by||Michael O'Shea|
|Music by||Margaret Chardiet|
|Cinematography||Sung Rae Cho|
|Edited by||Kathryn J. Schubert|
On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 84%, based on 55 reviews with an average rating of 6.6/10. The website's critical consensus reads, "The Transfiguration tells a quieter, more deliberately paced tale than genre fans might expect, but for those with the patience to let it sink in, it offers its own rewards." On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average rating of 65 out of 100, based on 16 reviews, indicating "generally favorable reviews".
- Debruge, Peter; Keslassy, Elsa (April 14, 2016). "Cannes 2016: Film Festival Unveils Official Selection Lineup". Variety. Penske Business Media. Retrieved July 3, 2018.
- O'Falt, Chris (May 16, 2016). "Who Is Michael O'Shea and How Did His American Indie Vampire Movie Get Into Cannes?". IndieWire. Penske Business Media. Retrieved July 3, 2018.
- "THE TRANSFIGURATION (15)". British Board of Film Classification. March 9, 2017. Retrieved July 3, 2018.
- "The Transfiguration (2017)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved July 3, 2018.
- "The Transfiguration Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved July 3, 2018.