The Train of Salt and Sugar
The Train of Salt and Sugar (Portuguese: Comboio de Sal e Açúcar) is a 2016 internationally co-produced adventure film directed by Licínio Azevedo. It was selected as the Mozambican entry for the Best Foreign Language Film at the 90th Academy Awards, but it was not nominated.
|The Train of Salt and Sugar|
|Directed by||Licínio Azevedo|
|Written by||Licínio Azevedo|
In the midst of civil war, a train with passengers and goods must travel 500 miles through guerrilla-held territory.
- Thiago Justino as Salomão
- Melanie de Vales Rafael as Rosa
- Matamba Joaquim as Taiar
- Absalão Narduela as Ascêncio
- "The Train of Salt and Sugar". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 21 October 2017.
- Vourlias, Christopher (5 November 2016). "'Train of Salt and Sugar' Named Best Film at Inaugural Joburg Film Festival". Variety. Retrieved 29 September 2017.
- "Comboio de Sal e Açúcar é o candidato moçambicano aos Óscares" (in Portuguese). Público. Retrieved 29 September 2017.