The Sun-Herald is an Australian newspaper published in tabloid or compact format on Sundays in Sydney by Nine Publishing. It is the Sunday counterpart of The Sydney Morning Herald. In the 6 months to September 2005, The Sun-Herald had a circulation of 515,000. According to the Audit Bureau of Circulations, its circulation had dropped to 443,257 as of December 2009[update] and to 313,477 as of December 2010[update], from which its management inferred a readership of 868,000. Readership continued to tumble to 264,434 by the end of 2013, and has half the circulation of rival The Sunday Telegraph.
Part of front page from 14 March 2010
|Owner(s)||Nine Entertainment Co.|
|Headquarters||1 Darling Island Road, Pyrmont, NSW, Australia|
|Circulation||264,434 (Dec 2013)|
Its predecessor the broadsheet Sunday Herald was published in the years 1949–1953. In 1953, what was then Fairfax Media bought The Sun, an afternoon paper, and merged its Sunday edition with the Sunday Herald to become the tabloid Sun-Herald.
The Brisbane edition of the Sun-Herald has content from the Brisbane Times.
Liftouts and sectionsEdit
- S – Entertainment and lifestyle
- Sunday Life
- Sunday Domain
- Sports Sunday
- Television – TV listings
The City2Surf, a 14-kilometre fun run established in 1971, starting from the city of Sydney and concluding at Bondi Beach, is organised by the Sun Herald, which along with Westpac serves as its sponsor.
- Fairfax Ad Centre: The Sun-Herald Archived 11 November 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- Ad Centre: The Sun-Herald, retrieved 13 May 2013
- http://yaffacdn.s3.amazonaws.com/live/adnews/files/dmfile/ABC_Feb2014.pdf, retrieved 1 September 2014
- The Sunday Herald (Sydney, NSW: 1949 – 1953) at Trove
- Paper World: Sun Herald (Sunday NSW)
- History of the City 2 Surf Archived 6 June 2009 at the Wayback Machine
- "Newspaper and magazine titles". Trove. National Library of Australia. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- "Newspaper Digitisation Program". National Library of Australia. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- Brown, Jerelynn (2011). "Tabloids in the State Library of NSW collection: A reflection of life in Australia". Australian Journal of Communication. 38 (2): 107–121.
- The Sun-Herald website
- The Sunday Herald (Sydney, NSW : 1949 – 1953) at Trove
- The Sun-Herald (Sydney, NSW : 1953 – 1954) at Trove
|This Australian newspaper-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|