|Directed by||Caroline Leaf|
|Based on||The Street|
by Mordecai Richler
|Produced by||Caroline Leaf |
|Starring||Mort Ransen (voice)|
|Distributed by||National Film Board of Canada|
|10 m 12 s|
The film had a budget of $49,223 (equivalent to $224,115 in 2021).
The Street garnered numerous awards including a special prize from the Melbourne International Film Festival, the Grand Prize at the Ottawa International Animation Festival and two Canadian Film Awards (now known as the Genie Awards) for Best Animated Film and the Wendy Michener Award, presented in recognition of outstanding artistic achievement in Canadian cinema. It was also nominated for the Academy Award for Best Animated Short Film at the 49th Academy Awards.
- Short Film Winners: 1977 Oscars
- Wyndham Wise, ed. (2001-09-08). "The Street". Take One's Essential Guide to Canadian Film. University of Toronto Press. pp. 201–202. ISBN 978-0802083982.
- "The Street". 1976. National Film Board of Canada Web site. Retrieved 2009-08-30.
- "The Street". Canadian Film Encyclopedia. Toronto International Film Festival. Archived from the original on 2013-08-24.
- Evans 1991, p. 228.
- Caroline Leaf on THE STREET, archived from the original on 2021-12-21, retrieved 2021-05-19
- Townend, Paul. "Wendy Michener Award". The Canadian Encyclopedia. Historica-Dominion.