The Strange Ones
The Strange Ones is a 2017 American drama film directed by Christopher Radcliff and Lauren Wolkstein, and written by Christopher Radcliff. The film stars Alex Pettyfer, James Freedson-Jackson, Emily Althaus, Gene Jones, Owen Campbell, and Tobias Campbell, and was released on DirecTV on December 7, 2017, before being released on video on demand and in theaters on January 5, 2018, by Vertical Entertainment.
|The Strange Ones|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Christopher Radcliff|
|Produced by||Sébastien Aubert|
Daniela Taplin Lundberg
|Screenplay by||Christopher Radcliff|
|Story by||Christopher Radcliff|
|Edited by||Christopher Radcliff|
Stay Gold Features
|Distributed by||Vertical Entertainment|
A house fire sends a teenage boy, Sam, and a twenty-something man, Nick, on a road trip across rural America. As they head to a location where Nick believes they can both find a second chance, they tell people at diners and rest stops that they're brothers Nick and Jeremiah and on a vacation. Seeming jealousy on Sam's part over anyone spending time with Nick, soon suggests that some darker relationship exists between the two males. At the same time, Sam has difficulty interpreting the difference between reality and dreams. Nick tells him that it doesn't matter and that Sam can turn his dreams into reality.
The film premiered at South by Southwest on March 11, 2017. On May 20, 2017, Vertical Entertainment and DirecTV acquired distribution rights to the film. The film was released on DirecTV on December 7, 2017, before being released on video on demand and in theaters on January 5, 2018, by Vertical Entertainment.
On review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 56% based on 27 reviews, with an average rating of 5.48/10. On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 57 out of 100, based on 10 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews".
- Joe Leydon (2017-03-16). "'The Strange Ones' Review: SXSW Film Festival". Variety. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- Eric Kohn (2017-03-11). "The Strange Ones Review: Malick Meets Tarkovsky in SXSW 2017 Film". IndieWire. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- "Cannes: Vertical Entertainment and DirecTV Nab Alex Pettyfer Film 'Strange Ones' (Exclusive)". Hollywood Reporter. 2017-05-20. Retrieved 2017-07-04.
- Clark Collis (2017-11-01). "Alex Pettyfer's The Strange Ones trailer debuts". EW.com. Retrieved 2018-01-09.
- "The Strange Ones (2018)". Rotten Tomatoes. Fandango Media. Retrieved May 20, 2019.
- "The Strange Ones Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved February 6, 2018.
|This 2010s drama film–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|