The Royal Hibiscus Hotel
|The Royal Hibiscus Hotel|
|Directed by||Ishaya Bako|
|Written by||Ishaya Bako|
Upon the premiere of The Royal Hibiscus Hotel at the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival, review aggregating website CREETIQ rated the film 5.3/10 citing mixed reviews from 2 critics. Courtney Small of Cinema Axis opined that "Though The Royal Hibiscus Hotel will no doubt find an audience with die-hard rom-com fans, those looking for a more well-rounded experience will be somewhat disappointed" while Chelsea Phillips-Carr (Pop Matters) was more receptive of the film further stating that "The Royal Hibiscus Hotel proves that playing within genre doesn't have to result in a mediocre film."
Film Scriptic scored the movie 46%, with a grade D. Isedehi Aigbogun highlights its pros and cons, with a concluding statement: "...TIFF screened this movie in 2017...out of charity and a huge dose of networking"
- "Toronto Adds Films From Aaron Sorkin, Louis C.K., Brie Larson". Variety. 15 August 2017. Retrieved 16 August 2017.
- Admin (18 September 2016). "The Royal Hibiscus Hotel - CREETIQ". CREETIQ.
- Courtney Small (18 September 2016). "TIFF 2017: THE ROYAL HIBISCUS HOTEL". Cinema Axis.
- Chelsea Phillips-Carr (18 September 2016). "'The Royal Hibiscus Hotel'". Pop Matters.
- "RHH — CLICHÉ IS AS CLICHÉ DOES - Film Scriptic". Film Scriptic. 12 February 2018. Retrieved 13 February 2018.