The Pregnant (Russian: Беременный, romanized: Beremenniy) is a 2011 Russian comedy film directed by Sarik Andreasyan. It stars Dmitri Dyuzhev, Anna Sedokova, Mikhail Galustyan and Ville Haapasalo. The Hindi remake rights are owned by T-Series and Maddock Films.
|Directed by||Sarik Andreasyan|
|Music by||Aleksandr Vartanov|
|Box office||$7 372 540|
Sergei and Diana Dobrolyubov have long dreamt of having a child, but Diana simply isn't getting pregnant. Sergei, who works as a TV presenter at the Muz-TV channel, makes a wish to a falling star (“I want a child”), and his wish is fulfilled, but with a catch: instead of his wife, he, himself, becomes pregnant. Sergei's friend, Zhora, convinces him that pregnancy is not a reason to hide, but instead is an opportunity to gain fame and money. The show "The Pregnant" becomes the most popular television project, and its main character - Sergei Dobrolyubov - a star. He soon gets accosted by the media causing a lots of drama between himself and Diana. A gay couple continuously pester him on his "secret" for getting pregnant, and a sinister prosecutor believes he is a phony. In the end, in order to give birth to his child in peace, Sergei decides to inform his fans that he falsified the pregnancy. Shortly afterwards, he goes into labor and gives birth to a baby boy. A couple of years later, Sergei and Diana are happy parents when Diana decides to also make a wish on a star, but with a new catch: both Diana and Sergei are pregnant together.
- Dmitri Dyuzhev - Sergei Dobrolyubov
- Anna Sedokova - Diana Dobrolyubova, Sergey's wife
- Mikhail Galustyan - Zhora, Sergey's friend
- Ville Haapasalo - Director
- Dmitry Sharakois - Dr. Tikhonov
- Svetlana Khodchenkova - Prosecutor
- Dmitry Khrustalev - Edgar, gay man
- Victor Vasiliev - Slavik, gay man
- Lyudmila Artemyeva - Sergey's mother
- Valentin Smirnitsky - Sergey's father
- Vadim Takmenev - Cameo
- Timur Solovyov - Cameo
- Nikolai Naumov - Reporter
- Anton Sasin - President of Russia
The film's score was written by Aleksandr Vartanov. The following songs are featured in the picture.