The Perfect Wedding
The Perfect Wedding is an independent film co-created by New York Times Bestselling Author Suzanne Brockmann, Edgar Award Finalist Ed Gaffney, and Off-Broadway actor Jason T. Gaffney. In 2013, it won the Bud Abbott Award for Feature Length Comedy at the Garden State Film Festival. It was filmed in 2011 and released on VOD/Streaming and DVD from distributor Wolfe Releasing in 2013.
|The Perfect Wedding|
|Directed by||Scott Gabriel|
The film was created because Brockmann and Gaffney's son, Jason T. Gaffney, were tired of seeing LGBT films that relied on stereotypes for their humor. The writers created a film where being gay was treated as a normal facet of life. The film was directed by Scott Gabriel, and was produced by small or LARGE Productions and Arcadia Creative.
The film takes place over Christmas weekend at the Fowler's home where Alana Fowler is planning her wedding to Kirk. Alana and her brother Paul are both adopted by Richard and Meryl Fowler. One of Alana's friends, Roy, who is coming to help with the wedding planning, is an ex of Paul. He doesn't want Paul to see that he is still single all these years later so Roy brings Gavin along to pretend to be his boyfriend. However, Gavin and Paul end up falling in love. In addition to that Richard has just been diagnosed with early onset Alzheimer's. The family has to figure out how to cope with that while planning the perfect wedding.
The Perfect Wedding was an official selection at the Sarasota Film Festival (2012), the Spokane International Film Festival (2013), the Garden State Film Festival (2013), the North Carolina Gay & Lesbian Film Festival (2013), the Indiana LGBT Film Festival (2013), and the Long Island Gay & Lesbian Film Festival (2013).
- "Garden State Film Festival 2013 Award Winners". Garden State Film Festival. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "Wolfe Video: The Perfect Wedding".
- "The Perfect Wedding About The Film Page".
- "The Perfect Wedding (2012)". IMDb. Retrieved 2017-07-18. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Stockman, Tom (2013-10-02). "THE PERFECT WEDDING Walks Down the Aisle on DVD December 3rd !". We Are Movie Geeks. Retrieved 2017-07-18.
- "The Perfect Wedding Official Website: About The Film".
- "Sarasota Film Festival 2012 Opening Night Photo Gallery: Herald Tribune".
- "The Perfect Wedding Screenings Page".