The Noite com Danilo Gentili
This article is a translation-work in progress of the article The Noite com Danilo Gentili from Portuguese to English.
You can help Wikipedia by assisting in the translation.
The Noite com Danilo Gentili (English: Overnight with Danilo Gentili[nb 1]) is a Brazilian television program hosted by the stand-up comedian Danilo Gentili, which is currently produced and broadcast by SBT. Gentili, previously, presented for about three years the Agora É Tarde, from March 29, 2011 until December 31, 2013, on Band network. The Band network output and going to the SBT is due to conflicts with the producer of his former show, Eyeworks, and with the restrictions that the network intended to put in the show.
|The Noite com Danilo Gentili|
|Created by||Danilo Gentili|
|Directed by||João Mesquita|
|Presented by||Danilo Gentili|
|Narrated by||Diguinho Coruja|
|Opening theme||"Tema de Abertura do The Noite" by Ultraje a Rigor|
|Country of origin||Brazil|
|No. of seasons||5|
|No. of episodes||859|
|Executive producer(s)||Simone Iorio|
|Running time||60 minutes|
|Picture format||HDTV 1080i|
|Original release||March 10, 2014 –|
|Preceded by||Agora É Tarde com Danilo Gentili|
The show genre is late-night talk show, a talk show subgenre, that have as some of its features the presence of comedy and the broadcasts in the late night schedule. The show debuted on March 10, 2014, and since then the program will air during the five working days a week around midnight, after the primetime shows. The show is record in the SBT studios located at Osasco, city of Greater São Paulo, location where their production is installed.
In addition to having Gentili as host, the also stand-up comedians Léo Lins and Murilo Couto are cast members of the show, which also includes the announcer Diguinho Coruja, the stage assistant Juliana Oliveira and four members of the show house band, Ultraje a Rigor, being them Roger Moreira (vocal), Mingau (bass), Marcos Kleine (guitar) and Bacalhau (drums). The soundtrack played by Ultraje a Rigor in the show was released as a digital album called Por que Ultraje a Rigor?, Vol. 2.
Creation and debut of Agora É TardeEdit
In 2008, during one of his presentations of the Clube da Comédia, a stand-up comedy show, Danilo Gentili was invited by Diego Barreto to make the segment Repórter Inexperiente in the new Band network show, Custe o Que Custar (CQC). With success of the segment, Gentili became an official reporter of the show.
In the next year, Gentili presented to the Band network direction a project of late-night talk show created by him and Alex Baldin, at that time was the CQC head of script. In this project, already provided his name, Agora É Tarde, Ultraje a Rigor as the house band, and the comedians Léo Lins and Murilo Couto in the show cast. To put the show on the air, Gentili demanded that the network record a pilot of the show as a condition for his contract renewal. The station only allowed the pilot recording in 2010, and chose the producer Eyeworks, owner of CQC format, to produce the show.
Agora É Tarde premiered on June 29, 2011, initially broadcast two times per week. From the success of the show, which greatly increased the network audience, the broadcast days have been increased, causing the show to be shown four times per week.
Output of BandEdit
In December 2013, the Band network was experiencing a financial restructuring, causing a decrease in the show run time, losing a day broadcast for a rerun of the show best moments, also decreasing the Agora É Tarde staff as a way to contain costs. When receiving a proposal from SBT, in which remove the limitations that the Band put in show production, the show staff decided to accept it in a consensus decision.
The narrator Marcelo Mansfield, regret having promised to go with the Agora É Tarde staff to SBT, decided to continue as a Band employee. Mansfield explained that chose to continue in the Band for never broken a contract during his career and he would not join the show cast without all its original formation. Contrary to its justification, Mansfield remained in the show, which has to be hosted by Rafinha Bastos.
With the change to SBT, the Band network and producer Eyeworks began to treat them as enemies. Not having a narrator, since Mansfield remains in Band, Gentili chose the radio host Diguinho Coruja to replace Mansfield as the show narrator. With the announcement of their hiring by SBT, Coruja was dismissed from the radio station Band FM, which belongs to the same owners of Band network, the Grupo Bandeirantes de Comunicação. Band filed a lawsuit against Gentili, in which he demanded that the host returned to the station and also trying to prevent the debut of its show in SBT, also defining as the creator of the show format. The process was denied by the justice.
- Paulo Cavalcanti (16 September 2015). "Ultraje a Rigor - Por Que Ultraje a Rigor? Vol. 2". Guia de CDs. Rolling Stone Brasil. Retrieved 1 January 2016.
- "Tema de Abertura do The Noite". Deezer. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
- "Saiba tudo sobre o programa The Noite Com Danilo Gentili, que estreia nesta segunda". SBT. 7 March 2014. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- Flávio Ricco; José Carlos Nery (22 January 2014). "Programa de Danilo Gentili no SBT estreia na primeira semana de fevereiro". Coluna do Flávio Ricco. UOL. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- Anna Thereza de Almeida (10 March 2014). "Programa de Danilo Gentili no SBT estreia nesta segunda-feira". Em Casa. Guia da Semana. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "Gentili muda dia de Cabrini e tira Christina Rocha e Gabi das quartas". Notícias da TV. UOL. 23 January 2014. Retrieved 4 April 2015.
- Amanda Serra (18 February 2014). "Gentili apresenta "The Noite" e alfineta a Band: "SBT é uma emissora maior"". UOL. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- Maurício Stycer (11 March 2014). ""The Noite" de Gentili mostra um padrão de qualidade incomum no SBT". Blog do Maurício Stycer. UOL. Retrieved 19 June 2016.
- "Danilo Gentili deixa a Band e assina contrato com o SBT". NaTelinha. UOL. 28 December 2013. Retrieved 28 December 2013.
- Ricky Hiraoka (4 April 2014). "O sucesso do talk-show de Danilo Gentili no SBT". Veja São Paulo. Abril.com. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- Daniel Castro (1 January 2014). "Danilo Gentili critica Band e diz que precisa melhorar piadas no SBT". Notícias da TV. UOL. Retrieved 25 July 2016.
- Elizabeth Diffin; Megan Lane (22 January 2010). "Why do Americans care about late night TV?". BBC. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- Isabel de Luca; Márcia Abos (1 June 2014). "Talk-shows se renovam e atraem jovens aqui e nos EUA". O Globo. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- "Proposta Comercial The Noite com Danilo Gentili" (PDF). SBT. Retrieved 25 July 2016. O servidor irá forçar o download do arquivo, e sendo ele feito, a cópia virá sem extensão. Deve-se colocar .pdf no final para visualizá-lo.
- Florença Mazza (19 March 2014). "Gentili aumenta em 43% a audiência do SBT na faixa noturna". Blog da Partícia Kogut. O Globo. Retrieved 4 April 2016.
- "Elenco". The Noite com Danilo Gentili. SBT. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- Leonardo Rodrigues (27 August 2015). "Em tempos de protestos, Ultraje lança disco sem letras: "Somos do contra"". UOL Música by Deezer. UOL. Retrieved 22 August 2016.
- Miguel Arcanjo Prado (23 September 2008). ""Agora meu nome é 'CQC'", diz Danilo Gentili". Folha de S.Paulo. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- Daniel Castro (2 January 2014). "Danilo Gentili critica Band e diz que precisa melhorar piadas no SBT". Notícias da TV. UOL. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- Danilo Gentili (29/05/15). Mulheres. TV Gazeta. May 29, 2015. Retrieved August 13, 2016.
- "Danilo Gentili conta a origem do The Noite e como foi sua vinda ao SBT". Fofocando. SBT. 10 August 2016. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- Danilo Gentili (29 July 2016). "Completamos 5 Anos de Talk-Show!". Facebook. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- Isabelle Mani (1 March 2011). "Danilo Gentili: "Eu quero ser o Jimmy Fallon brasileiro"". iG Gente. iG. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- Thaís Sant’Anna (30 June 2012). "Gentili sobre o "Agora é Tarde": "Não esperava chegar nem a dois meses!"". iG Gente. iG. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- Janaina Nunes (27 December 2013). "Saiba os motivos que deixaram Danilo Gentili insatisfeito na Band". Em Off. Yahoo!. Archived from the original on 27 December 2013. Retrieved 14 August 2016.
- Flávio Ricco; José Carlos Nery (4 December 2013). "Record e SBT de olho - Danilo Gentili está descontente na Band". Coluna do Flávio Ricco. UOL. Retrieved 23 January 2014.
- "Saiba tudo sobre o programa The Noite Com Danilo Gentili, que estreia nesta segunda". The Noite com Danilo Gentili. SBT. 7 March 2014. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- Flávio Ricco (27 December 2013). "Danilo Gentili assina contrato com o SBT". Coluna do Flávio Ricco. UOL. Retrieved 29 December 2013.
- Thiago Azanha (3 January 2014). "Marcelo Mansfield explica sua permanência na Band". Caras. UOL. Retrieved 22 January 2013.
- Andréia Takano (26 February 2014). "Marcelo Mansfield prefere Rafinha Bastos a Danilo Gentili e fica no Agora é Tarde: "Não teve como resistir"". R7.com. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- Daniel Castro (13 February 2014). "Diguinho Lombardi". Notícias da TV. UOL. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- Flávio Ricco; José Carlos Nery (28 February 2014). "Convite para trabalhar com Danilo Gentili leva Band a dispensar funcionário". BOL. Retrieved 13 August 2016.
- Daniel Castro (11 March 2014). "Justiça recusa liminar da Band contra estreia de Danilo Gentili". Notícias da TV. UOL. Retrieved 12 March 2014.