The Last Word (radio show)
An hour-long weekend edition, called The Very Last Word and featuring highlights from the weekday programmes, is broadcast each Saturday morning at 7am.
Eamon Dunphy originally hosted the show but stepped down in November 2002. The then Sunday Tribune editor Matt Cooper replaced him. Kevin Myers was a regular stand-in presenter in the early years of the show.
David Norris gave his first full interview to the programme after announcing his withdrawal from the Irish presidential election, 2011. The show also had a debate with the candidates, including Norris when he re-entered the race.
- "Matt Cooper Broadcaster, Journalist, and biographer of Tony O'Reilly". Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- O'Mahoney, Catherine (23 April 2006). "Cooper talks the talk" Archived 27 August 2006 at the Wayback Machine, The Sunday Business Post. Retrieved 15 May 2009.
- Byrne, Ciar (5 November 2002). Newspaper editor steps down to host radio show, The Guardian. Retrieved 15 May 2009.
- "Norris's first interview: I will stay on as Senator". The Journal. 2 August 2011.
- Mcgreevy, Ronan (11 October 2011). "Candidates hold radio debate". The Irish Times. Retrieved 11 October 2011.