The Kingmaker's Daughter
The Kingmaker's Daughter is a 2012 historical novel by Philippa Gregory, part of her series The Cousins' War. It is the story of Anne Neville, wife of Richard III of England. The 2013 BBC One television series The White Queen is a 10-part adaptation of Gregory's novels The White Queen (2009), The Red Queen (2010) and The Kingmaker's Daughter, and features Faye Marsay as Anne Neville.
First UK edition cover
|Audio read by||Bianca Amato|
|Series||The Cousins' War|
|Publisher||Simon & Schuster|
|16 August 2012|
|Preceded by||The Lady of the Rivers|
|Followed by||The White Princess|
Richard Neville, 16th Earl of Warwick—called "The Kingmaker"—puts young Edward IV on the throne of England. But before Neville can arrange for one of his daughters to marry the new king, Edward marries Elizabeth Woodville in secret. As Neville begins losing his control of Edward, he plots to secure his daughters' futures.
AudioFile magazine gave its Earphones Award to the audiobook recording of The Kingmaker's Daughter, calling the novel "another fascinating perspective of the behind-the-scene machinations of the War of the Roses" and praising narrator Bianca Amato as "simply outstanding as Anne sheds her innocence."
- "The Kingmaker's Daughter (Official site)". PhilippaGregory.com. Retrieved 7 October 2014.
- "BBC – Media Centre: The White Queen, a new ten-part drama for BBC One". BBC.co.uk. 31 August 2012. Retrieved 6 October 2014.
- Matthew Dennison (17 August 2012). "Review: The Kingmaker's Daughter by Philippa Gregory". Express. Retrieved 27 June 2019.
- "The Kingmaker's Daughter". Publishers Weekly. 11 June 2012. Retrieved 28 October 2014.
- "Audiobook Review: The Kingmaker's Daughter (2012)". AudioFile. Retrieved 8 December 2014.
- Official Philippa Gregory website
- Gregory, Philippa (16 June 2013). "Philippa Gregory tells the true story behind The White Queen". Radio Times. Retrieved 6 October 2014.