The Kaze is an American hip hop group from Memphis, Tennessee.
|Also known as||Killa Klan Kaze|
|Origin||Memphis, Tennessee, United States|
|Labels||Kami Kaze Productions (1992–present)|
Hypnotize Minds (1994–2000)
Prophet Entertainment (1995–1998)
Lil Corb (deceased)
|Past members||Lil E|
The group began their activities in the early 1990s in Memphis, consisting of Project Pat, Lil Corb and Scan Man. In 1995, the group (then known as "Killa Klan Kaze") was featured on a tape entitled, "Volume 3 Spring Mix 95", which contained the first track of Killa Klan Kaze, "Runnin 'Lip". The formation in the epoch consisted of MC Mack, Scan Man and K-Rock. They also had a track on Three 6 Mafia's 1995 EP, Live By Yo Rep, titled "Be a Witness". Project Pat ultimately replaced K-Rock and in 1998 the group released their first album entitled "KamiKaze Timez Up" and sold about 50,000 independent copies. The album was released with the production of Three 6 Mafia's Juicy J and DJ Paul. The album would be the only project released by the group together. 1999, the group's label, Prophet Entertainment shut down after label co-founders DJ Paul and Juicy J split from fellow label co-founder Nick Scarfo. The result was DJ Paul and Juicy J's creation of a new label, Hypnotize Minds. During this transition, artists from Prophet Entertainment moved over to Hypnotize Minds, with the notable exceptions of MC Mack and Scan Man. In, 1999 Scan Man and M.C. Mack founded their own "KamiKaze Inc." independent label and released "Thugz From Southside: 2000 Mazdestruction".
- Kamakazie Timez Up (1998)
- Kami Kaze (2001)
- Only the Strong Survive (2005)
- Best of KamiKaze Inc. (2006)
Awards and nominationsEdit
|2012||Memphis Music Hall of Fame||Best Group||Won|
- Aguilar, Elva (2014-01-31). "Interview: Juicy J Talks About Lord Infamous, Katy Perry's "Dark Horse," & His Relationship With Taylor Gang". Retrieved 2018-08-22.
- Serrano, Shea (2013-08-28). "The King of the City: The Best Rapper in 13 Hip-Hop Meccas". Complex. Retrieved 2018-08-22.
- "KamiKaze Inc. – Biography". 2007-08-26. Retrieved 2018-08-25.
- Gardner, Elysa (2012-09-27). "Memphis Music Hall of Fame readies to induct 25 legends". USA Today. Retrieved 2018-08-24.
- Birchmeier, Jason. "The Kaze-Biography".